Engine in pieces quick question!!!

Bigme574

I am doing everything but the bottom end of my SC. I have put the new timing chain on and upon putting my car at TDC, I labeled where the cam sensor was but not under the cam sensor cap. What can I do to ensure my car will fire correctly now? Is there a way I can make the cam sensor at TDC incase I have moved the shaft? Also, when putting in the new oil pump, do I need to take off the drive shaft from the cam sensor first or can I put it all of the way through and get it to engage that way. If I didnt confuse you, I can use some advice. thanks.

Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

Do a search for the post: help! rebuilt but no fire . It'll be by jdigitty. There is a step by step way to do the cam sensor that I wrote. As for the oil pump, if the cam postion sensor housing has to come out for the allignment, then it'll be easier to do it wtih the shaft out.

Victor Malivar (? on the last name) sells the cam positioning tool on ebay under spinningwheelssc (or somethign like that). U might want to think of that to properly adjust ur cam sensor. Im gonna get it, as im also in the process of a rebuild...but im going all the way down to the block. Where in MD are you? I see that you go to UMBC...i go to UMCP, if your not too far maybe i can give you a hand before my semester starts. By the way, did u get ur heads done? Im looking for a machine shop to take my block...and maybe my heads...depending on wether i need them...they look WAY TOO clean...im m aking a post about this.

I am in eldersburg MD. I just put my heads back on...I cleaned them really well and they are as straight as an arrow so I did not get them milled...as for porting, I wish! I just cant see spending that much to port the heads on a 140K car. I dont believe I moved the cam sensor, But I am hoping if I put it together with my three marks on the housing I will be alright. If not, I can always guess and check. We'll see, thanks for the reply.

Aaron

Back