Check Engine Light

Sandmanownz

Hey, I just bought a 93 SC, today.. whenever i get above like 25mph or so or when i get on it, the check engine light comes on but once im back below 25 and at idle it is off, im thinking it has to be something with a vac. or something of that nature but im not totally sure, im going to run codes on it, but does anyone maybe have this happen to them? any ideas? The car doesnt have loss of power or anything like that runs great. Possibly just some kind of sensor too? Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, let me know please, thanks!

go to autozone and let them get the codes for u, they will plug in the scanner and get the codes for u for free. hope it helps, let us know what codes they are so we can help u

autozone will translate the codes for free. be sure you disconnect your battery for 15 MINUTES not 10 but 15 (time is very important) more than 15 is cool but less wont give your computer enough time to lose its memory. Then reinstall your battery and drive it to see if the code cleared. The point of this is you really dont know if the person who worked on the car ever did that, it could be a really old code. If it pops up again, you lost nothing and can still go to the autozone to get you codes read. But if it stays gone you probably saved yourself some time and money on an unnecessary repair.

Me and Jerry (Shockwave) ran the codes last night. The only code that came up was 214, we are thinking its a Cam Shaft Sensor, but maybe someone has had this before? Let me know...

ya i searched for it, it was what we tought its the cam shaft sensor.. think its like a 30 dollar part, after i get the car all washed and waxed and cleaned up I'll take some pictures and post em up. Thanks for your help! :D

Back