460 swap question

blksc

$$$ for 460 mounts + questions

Is there anyone who has performed the 460 swap that would be willing to sell me a set of mounts i could use in my 91 SC ? Price is very open...

I was told that i'd have to offset the engine 1/2" to clear big ole brake master cylinder. My question is having the engine offset -- does that put any more stress on the transmission ?

It seems alot easier to shift engine 1/2" then to replace master cylinder with a different one.

Last edited:
no big deal

You can move it over as far as you want. there will be no big difference. You might want to also look at what this does for your exhaust. There is plenty of room to move it. I did one about an inch over without any trouble. This other way is to change the master, which I also have done..........Rich

just fine.......

They are bolted together and so they both will be off set the same.This will just work the front u-joint a bit more, but nothing that will hurt it. Take a bare block&heads and use them for your mock up. This is the best way to do this job..............Rich

Thanks pro street i'll give it a try that way. I am still open to you creating a set of motor mounts for me - Or anyone that has done the swap for that matter.

I would be interested also, since I'm not sure how to hang that big heavy beast in there. I was considering welding in some mustang fox 460 swap mounts from Ford Racing but I don't know if you'd be able to add an inch to the left and shorten the right.

I figured the u-joint should be fine w/ only about an inch offset.

does this mean that I have to work???????

Do you really want me to make these mounts for you guys? If so pm me and lets talk about it.......Rich

Back