I cut off my mufflers :D

darkstar_one

I cut off my mufflers on saturday evening because i had nothing to do and my girlfriend was taking care of her lil sick brother, with the help of my neighbors the whole rear exhaust fell on me, nice to know they were there holding it up, those bastards, well anywho, i dropped the exhaust and ran the car with out the rear exhaust and it was louder than a ******, then i was pondering, should i remove the mufflers, and my neighbor brought out his electric thinga - majig to cut off the mufflers, well 2 blades later, they were from the 99 cents store, and they were off, i popped it back in, and turned on the car and it sounds decent, a lil too drony at 1800 RPMS, i passed by my friends house and they said it sounded cool. well im just waiting for 100 bucks so i can get that MAGNAFLOW resonator on the # 12288.

I was surprised to see how thick the rear exhaust is, its pretty thick, no smaller than 2.50 inches im guessing,

I hacked my mufflers off and it really didn't make that much of a difference i have a little bit more of a rumble before 2500rpms but that was about it

Wait a minute....it took you two sawz-all blades? It only took me 1 hacksaw blade and a smidge of elbow grease.

yeah they were cheap, they would bend after about 5 minutes, we kept straightening them out and finally we just did it with the hacksaw and a bar of SOAP.

I did the same thing on my bird and it sounds good to me...mine rumbles almost the entire time...i love it.

Stephen

Back