Question on fuel pump sock.

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I have a problem with my fuel sock.

I broke the ring off of the one that came with my 255 lph from autoperformanceengineering.com :mad:

I put it on a little crooked, and when I tried to twist it off, the darn ring came off...

Anyways, i went to Autozone to get a replacement sock and they gave me a "FS141" but it is not the exact same sock as was already there, or the correct one I broke with the new kit...

Does anyone know if this part will work? I checked the AutoZone website, and it IS the also shows the same part number the guy gave me at AutoZone...

Also, I see on the MN12 performance website, the replace the plastic baffle deal with the piece of fuel line. Is that what everyone is doing? What is that thing for???

Thanks guys!

gldiii said:
How is it different?

This thread has pics and more info:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28795&highlight=fs141

That is the number I have seen posted for the Airtex filter. It should be the angled one, where the Mustang one is flat. 'Stang one will work, it just may not pickup fuel at as low a level as the correct one. Also, make sure it does not interfere with the float!

It looks linda like the one on the left in that picture, I didn't see that one whilst I was searching, but it the one on the right has that FS141 part number... I thin they had the wrong one in that box....

I'll take it back and try again.

Back