Wiring for gauge pod

Melon

SCCoA Member
I'm thinking about getting a dual gauge pod and I haven't totally decided what to put there, but was flipping through the recent issue of the Summit catalog and found a DIN sized gauge pod there. Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to wire up 3 gauges from the DIN panel? The three gauges in the panel are volts, oil pressure, and water temp.

If I did get the gauge panel, and with it being DIN size, I thought about moving my stereo down below (where a factory CD player might be for SC's) and putting the panel in the OEM stereo spot. My main concern isn't the wiring.. it's getting the wires to the engine bay from the center of the dash.

Any input is appreciated. I'm still thinking about this too - I haven't purchased it. And if your interested, it's SUM-800110, but there isn't much info on Summit's website.

Thanks
-Andy "Melon"

Andy, as far as the wiring is concerned, most gauges come with senders of their own, or they tap into certain spots within the engine compartment. For my oil, pressure gauge, it came with a sender and I had to T fit the new sender with the factory gauge, and I had to tap the waterneck for the sender for the temp. gauge. The boost gauge I also T fitted on the factory vacuum line. Hope this helps.

pearl95sc:
do you by any chance know what size t-fitting would be needed to tap into the stock boost gauge line?

Back