Wrong MAF?

19dCavScout

I was wondering what is the symptoms of having your MAFU not calibrated for your injectors. I think I accidently bought a C&L with that was calibrated to #36 instead of #30, but I'm not sure. The car has had the MAFU on for a little whil. I have noticed my gas mileage shot to h*** and back, as in 240 a tank, and the power seems kinda low. I know part of that is because I moved to Colorado Springs where there is no air up here. Just kinda wondering if it is possible. And then if it is calibrated wrong, about how much does it cost to have it recalibrated?? This thing is only a few months old, so maybe even someone is willing to trade if they have a 73mm and they need it with #36 instead of #30, anyways I'm just kinda ramblin on. Thanks.

---====Less than 200 days until I'm back in Iraq====---

What color is your sampling tube? You don't need it recalibrated, you only need to have the clear sampling tube.

from http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html

Ford Thunderbird SC 73mm Unit
Std Fuel Injector (30 for 89-93), (36 for 94-95) Clear Tube (101)
36lb Injector (89-93 processor) Blue Tube (102)
42lb Injectors (89-93 processor) Red Tube (103)
(Upgrade injectors may cause computer issues with factory ECM on 1994-1995 Super Coupes)

You should be able to tell if you have the right one by looking at it.

Last edited:
The C&L Mafs come with interchagable sampling tubes..what color is your sampling tube?The info below is from the C&L Performance website..hope it helps......
z

Ford Thunderbird SC 73mm Unit
Std Fuel Injector (30 for 89-93), (36 for 94-95) Clear Tube (101)
36lb Injector (89-93 processor) Blue Tube (102)
42lb Injectors (89-93 processor) Red Tube (103)
(Upgrade injectors may cause computer issues with factory ECM on 1994-1995 Super Coupes...

Opps.....90 beat me to it......I'm gettin' old

I looked at the sampling tube, well I think it is the sampling tube. It is the little wire type hole inside the metal tube inside the MAFu right? If so it is not clear but more of a whiteish color.

19dCavScout said:
I looked at the sampling tube, well I think it is the sampling tube. It is the little wire type hole inside the metal tube inside the MAFu right? If so it is not clear but more of a whiteish color.

I believe what they call clear is unpainted aluminum. I am just researching C&L before I get one, so I don't know the answer. But from their website they have:

clear
blue
red
green
black
gold
orange
purple
brown

Back