PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good package on rear gears?

joenintiesc
08-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Saw it on ebay and wanted some feedback. Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7916853046&category=33731

SilverCasket
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Joe, could you copy & paste the description of the add. I don't have access to ebay from here. But I'm interested in what your looking at.

Anthony

joenintiesc
08-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Ford Mustang F150 8.8 Master Kit Complete

[email protected]@k!! 8.8" Ford Master Repair Or Re-ratio Kit From The Pro's At Riverside Gear & Axle. Your Choice Of 3:55, 3:73, 4:10, Or 4:56 Ratio When You Purchase. You Will Recieve, All New Bearings And Races Which Includes, Carrier Bearings And Races, Pinion Bearings And Races, Crush Sleeve, Nut, Pinion Seal, Cover Gasket, Locktite, Gear Marking Compound,brush, The Very Finest "super Shims", Pinion Shims, And Last, But Certainly Not Least, A Brand New Top Quality Cha Industries Of Chicago Il. Ring And Pinion Set In Your Choice Of 3:55, 3:73, 4:10, Or 4:56 Ratio. All Parts Are Top Quality And Brand New. Bearings Are Koyo, Seal Is National, Nut Is O.e. Ford (it's The Correct Thing To Do Here), Crush Collar Is Ratech, Shims For The Carrier Bearing Backlash And Preload Are The Finest Stackable "super Shims" Available Anywhere, And The Ring And Pinion Set Is Manufactured By A Company That Has Cut Gears For O.e. Manufactures For More Than 40 Years. We Have Set A Lot Of These Gears And Find Them To Be Among The Best Gear Sets We Have Ever Used. Revive That Tired Old 8.8 In Your Vehicle, Or Re-ratio For Power Or Performance, This Is The Kit For You!! Good Luck Bidding!! Happy Motoring!!

Starting bid $166.00, Buy it now $250.00

SilverCasket
08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
That bidding price would be real good. You could get everything locally for about $250. The only thing it doesn't include (which is over $200 by itself) is the new traction loc that you would want to get when installing everything anyway. ... See if you can't snipe all htat stuff for under $200. .. Also, apparently this person has lots of this stuff since they offer any gear. So try contacting directly and ask if he'd do a price of $200 shipped for a 3.55 package or whatever your looking for.

Good Luck!
Anthony

joenintiesc
08-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the input Anthony! I was actually going to ask you all along anyway over a phone call since I remembered something about you wanting to swap your 3.73's back to stock, or 3.55's... Unless it was someone else I'm thinking of.

Traction-loc is what came stock with the 89-93's right? And Traction assist ot Traction Control is what came with the 94-95's? Or am I completely confused? Where is the best place to get the parts to rebuild the trac-loc?

SilverCasket
08-18-2004, 07:33 AM
No, that was me! Give me a ring when you can. That would probably be a good idea. .. But maybe not until after the Shootout. I've got some tails to whip! (as long as the **** trans is done!)

Anthony