CEL Problem fixed & Sunroof Info

aviationstation

All,

My SC was running OK but would ping under load. It would also hesitate badly once at temp (about 6 minutes), followed immediately by the CEL light. A quick scan showed it to be code #214, which "translates" into the cam position sensor. I replaced it ($32.00 at AutoZone) and as of now the car runs the same but no, well minimal, pinging and instant throttle response with no CEL.

Additionally, my sunroof was giving me problems (like all of the internal rubber pieces falling out) with the track assy. I pulled it apart and discovered a lose/broken part laying in the track assy. Luckily, I located a sticker in the glove box that reads American Sunroof Co., a local installer here in SoCal. I called them and they have most of the parts to repair or replace these sunroofs (at least those they have installed) going back a number of years. They also mentioned that they used common MFG parts for most installations, as did most other installation companies. If you need more info, they are at:

http://home.primus.ca/~triton/asc/Locations.htm

M Randolph

hey, i have had several pieces fall off out of my sunroof too, mostly like clips and such, the thing i have right now is that the sun roof cover is too noisy, it will start to rattle really bad and gets annoying, anyone have a way to stop this. thanx

Darkstar,

I found that the screws (well, those still on the sunroof) mounting the S/R to the rack assy were loose or, in once case, missing entirely. I used a hex to remove the two-each-side screws that hold the S/R to the sliders, and the single stubby screw at the hinge point near the front. Both sliders have Ford P/N's, but the dealer gave me the silent, I-lost-my-homework treatment when I read the numbers off. With that I've decided to either pull one out of a balled up car or just visit the S/R mfg. If I get a parts list I'll forward that to you or post it here.

M Randolph

Moonroof repairs

aviationstation said:
Darkstar,

I found that the screws (well, those still on the sunroof) mounting the S/R to the rack assy were loose or, in once case, missing entirely. I used a hex to remove the two-each-side screws that hold the S/R to the sliders, and the single stubby screw at the hinge point near the front. Both sliders have Ford P/N's, but the dealer gave me the silent, I-lost-my-homework treatment when I read the numbers off. With that I've decided to either pull one out of a balled up car or just visit the S/R mfg. If I get a parts list I'll forward that to you or post it here.

M Randolph

Webasto made the moonroof for the MN-12 Tbird. The model was Starlite 6.
Here are some numbers I have gathered from the forums:

Glass Gasket Assembly: #S1286-D5010A
Lifting Arm: S1289-W-3000A-A for the right side $12.71
Lifting Arm: S1289-W-3001A-A for the left side $12.71

Call Webasto at 1-800-860-7866(order desk) to order parts.

Mike Donley

Back