10% vs 5% pulley

quick35th

Right now I have a 10% pulley with a smaller belt and a bigger idler pulley to help reduce belt slipage. I think I may still be slipping the belt. At the last autocross right at 5000rpm the motor would make this screeming sound until I let off the gas. Is it my belt slipping or my clutch? I have always wandered about how old and how worn the clutch is but it doesn't do it at any other rpm. So maybe not the clutch.

Anyways back to my real question. How do the 5% and 10% pulleys compare against each other? Of course the 10% makes alittle more boost, more heat, and more slipage. I have also heard rummers on here that the 5% pulley pulls harder than the 10% in the top end. Is that true? Will I run a faster 1/4 time if I switch to a 5% pulley or should I just get a new belt for the 10%? Keep in mind that the belt is only about a year old.

How with switching to a 5% affect my dyno #s?

Shane

what belt number are you using? I'm experiencing problems with my 5%. The blower snout gets al belt dust on it. The tensioner is at its max, and i upgraded to the larger ten. pulley ( steel ). I couldn't find a Gates belt that would fit. What are you using? And how much shorter is it than stock?

Back