Rear Suspension

Drip

Hey, I am a Dodge dakota owner (2000, club cab). I am looking into putting alot of HP through my dakota (500). I am able to buy the Rear suspension of a thunderbird super coupe to put into my dakota , as my buddy says it would help. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the suspension? How much HP are the capable of holding? How would the hookup be? How would the suspension be with airbags? Any and all information would be appreicated. Thanks.

Well, unless you're looking to improve handling, and be doing road courses, I'd stick with the solid axle. Weel hop is horrible, especially with a manual tranny, and as many newer cobra owners have found out, the halfshafts are easily grenadeable after some serious power is put through them.

Thanks that is what I wanted to know. There is a dakota with it already in that I was think about looking at. I am looking to drop a 440 into it though, and obviously as you said that would not be good. ANy ideas on what the best rear setup would be? I was thinking of a 9" ford and 4-link, possibly with bags and shocks. Thanks.

Back