PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights

DrewsSC
08-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Does anybody know where I can get the OEM or foglights that will mount to my SC? I having a tough time finding any. Thanks, Drew

J.D.
08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
www.oefordparts.com , fordpartscheap.com and fordpartsnetwork.com list them from $65.33 and up (each, for the whole assembly). From my experience, that doesn't necessarily mean that they stock them.

darkstar_one
08-19-2004, 03:10 AM
well i got some good clear glass fog lights from PILOT at autozone for 20 dollars, look just like OEM, except without the yellow plastic, and these can support a higher wattage bulb to get that exotic euro look from the bulbs.

you can mount the bracket that comes with these lights on the existing bracket from the SC and get that stock look but with aftermarket features.

its the PL-1055

hope it helps.

oh yeah if u do go that route u will have to run some new wiring and so on...

BikerSC
08-19-2004, 06:29 AM
I have the ones that Darkstar was talking about. They are much brighter and better looking than the stock ones. To wire them, I made a plug from an old stock bulb, using the two leads that went into the filiment to solder to for my new wiring.

-Steve

Rob Noth
08-19-2004, 12:55 PM
The cheapo lights that you can get for $20 look nice cosmetically, and are brighter than the stock junk lights, but they aren't really much good if you look at the light pattern. But that's what I have on my car, I don't really care.

If you want a really great driving light or fog light, look at the PIAA 1500XT series. They have either fog or driving lights. This will set you back around $200 if I remember correctly.

And like darkstar mentioned, whatever light you use, the stock wiring isn't good enough. It can't provide enough current, so the light won't be as bright as it could be, and worst case it could blow fuses or burn up circuits. Wire up a separate circuit off the battery with a relay, and use the stock wiring to trigger the relay, this way you can retain the stock switch.