Rebuild ?: are these the oil gallery plugs? what to do with these? (pix)

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
From a complete engine (including supercharger) the thing is now to the block, crank, rods and pistons. After i get this out i will send my stuff to the machine shop, but i was wondering what these plugs are and wether i should remove them and keep them (to reuse), buy them new or will the machine shop replace them. There are two allen screws in front of the block that im not sure what to do with. I have read that the oil gallery plugs should be changed so im wondering if these are it:
MVC-020S-paint.jpg

MVC-021S.jpg

Also, in the rear of the block are two other plugs that i dont know what they are...just wondering if these are also 'oil gallery plugs':
MVC-010S-paint.jpg

MVC-011SSSSS.jpg

Last, what should i do with the antifreeze plug on the drivers side of the block? should i replace it, remove and keep it, or is the machine shop going to replace it?
MVC-011Ss-paint.jpg

thanx guys...

The 4 plugs at both ends of the block are the oil galley plugs. You should remove those because debri from machine work will collect in those passages. Remove ALL plugs from the block BEFORE taking it to the machinist that way when you get it back its ready for its bubble bath and final cleaning. You probably wont believe what you clean out of those gallies after you get it back from the machinist. :)

Awesome...thanx alot mike. I'll be sure to take those off before sending it to the shop. All im missing is those plugs, and the crank...i couldnt work much on the engine today but managed to get the pistons/rods out.

Back