Help please

supercharged24

On the way home from school today I noticed that my speedo was stuck at 55 and my Tach wasn't working at all. So when I got home I turned the car off and back on, the speedo worked, tach still nothing but the car just cranked wouldn't start now. I tried several times and it wouldn't. I went back out a few minutes ago letting it sit for 10 minutes and it stated right up and idled fine and everything...what is wrong?

I just went out again and started it up and now the tach and speedo arn't working again. It didn't start right away this time either I let it crank for around 4-5 seconds then turned the key to off and tried again and it started right up but still no tach or speedo...what could be wrong!?

do you get a check engine light?

go to autozone and let them get the engine codes for you. come back with the engine codes so we can help u

No CEL. I have no idea. I just got it a month ago and I need a reliable car and I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it now..I just need to know whats wrong.

If you were having starting and tachometer problems only, then I would have suggested checking the ignition components. But since your speedometer is acting up as well, I would lean towards a wiring/connection/grounding problem.The easiest and quickest thing to do is to have your codes read as darkstar one suggested.

The last time I had a Ford problem like that (although it wasn't an MN-12) the culprit turned out to be the ignition switch.

I don't mean the keyed cylinder, but the actual switch that is a few inches farther down the column.

These switches tend to come apart, resulting in all sorts of electrical gremlins.

Keith

Back