PDA

View Full Version : What is the most fun thing you can do with your SC?

XR7 Dave
08-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Come to the shootout!

For anyone who thinks that racing isn't for them, I'm here to tell you that in this case racing is just an excuse to get a whole bunch of the best people on the planet together in one place for family, food, BS, photos, stories, jokes, and a good show.

Check out the webpage if you haven't already http://www.albeedigital.com/shootout (www.albeedigital.com/shootout) . The entry form can be used to register for the competition events or just to let us know that you plan to spectate. There will be a lot of people there just to watch, so don't be bashful. And hey, if you really aren't competitive but you want to "try it out" by all means come! You don't have to compete or you can compete just for fun. There are lots of classes and I'll even help you pick the one you best fit into. No one's a loser unless they don't show up!

Heck for 75 bucks you get the chance to run as many times as you want on a super sticky track and then get your car dyno'd the next day - for free!! Most places charge $50-100 just for 3 pulls. We are including 2 pulls with your entry for free. It will be cool to find out how your car is performing and no harm done.

If you don't want any part of the competition or racing then come for the fun and entertainment as you watch the rest of us loonies beat the life out of our cars. Rest assured there will be some very fast SC's and maybe even a few fast LX's there. You will never see so many fast SC's in one place ever again. This I am very sure about.

Hey, this is a family event also. We have 3 kids that will be there and I assure you there will be others. Norwalk Raceway has a childrens playground and plenty of space to run around. Bring the scooters and bikes or RC's for the kids if you want. There is lots of pavement and even more grass....

We'll be having an impromptu car show as well. I hear that the legendary SWB 005 will be on display as will the infamous NettlesD SC with the 50/50 antifreeze/oil mix be there.

Anyway, if there is an SC event on this planet worth attending, its this one. It will be bigger than Carlisle and more fun for everyone (except NYC Russ) than a gocart full of hillbillies.

:D

Check it out. Don't be shy. Competition is only $75. Spectators are $10. Be there. Be square, or both.

Did I mention prizes? Na, couldn't have. ;)

BlackbirdSC
08-18-2004, 11:30 PM
I'll attest to the stickie-ness of Norwalk. If you have slicks.. I hope you have Raxles. Otherwise bring some spares and plan on breaking a half shaft. My car literally STUCK to the track a couple years ago when there was a delay that left me sitting on the lineup area. There was about 1/8" of rubber stuck to my tires once I was able to break the car free. :)

BlckOnBlckBrd
08-18-2004, 11:52 PM
I would have really loved to go to the shootout, but unfortunately, Norwalk is just a little bit too far for me to drive comfortably to.

It's around a 10hr drive from Topeka KS. And on top of that, I have 3.73 gears.

Maybe it can be a little closer next year.

XxSlowpokexX
08-18-2004, 11:58 PM
I was wondering what I "can" with my SC....

BlackbirdSC
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
I would have really loved to go to the shootout, but unfortunately, Norwalk is just a little bit too far for me to drive comfortably to.

Maybe it can be a little closer next year.

I drove to St Louis (600+ miles) last year although I 'only' have 3.31s. This year, I'm going on the trailer even though it's only about 200 miles. After snapping a half shaft at the V6 Ford challenge, I'm not taking any chances. I have the truck and trailer, so it will make me rest easier having a way to get back home 'just in case' :) :D

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I was wondering what I "can" with my SC.... Not sure what you mean there Damon but I would REALLY like to see your car there. Well worth the effort.

Hey, no one needs to worry about breaking. There will be so many able bodied SC mechanics and spare trailers there it will be silly. I have plenty of spare parts as well. If anyone breaks and I have the parts for them, I will give them to you. Maybe we can get Pro Street Rich to bring a couple spare axles as well!

10 hrs is a long drive, but if you can get off of work then come! It will be worth every minute of it. If not, I understand too but you will not likely get this chance again. We plan to move the event around, but if you look at the map and where the SC people are from, it isn't going to get any better than this.

ThunderDave
08-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Dave, I think what Damon was refering to was the title of your thread, "What is the most fun thing you can with your SC?" Now Damon, let's not start another Jim Demmitt Jr. thread about grammatical errors. :eek: I'm sure everybody knew what Dave was talking about. Wish I lived close enough to go to the shootout. Maybe one day.......

David

Kurt K
08-19-2004, 01:21 AM

I have to admit, I'm going to bring my car on a trailer if I can find one by then, but otherwise I'll be driving. I drive my car 900 miles one-way to Carlisle almost every year and I have 3.73's and a non-lockup convertor, so the gears can't be an excuse :p

Hell, last year's trip to Carlisle and vacation to West Palm Beach, FL were done with a melted piston :eek:

Don't worry, I'm just giving you a hard time.

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 10:06 AM
:p Ya well for whatever reason I can't edit the title of the post so you're stuck with the errors.

Micahdogg
08-19-2004, 10:55 AM
[quote]My car literally STUCK to the track a couple years ago when there was a delay that left me sitting on the lineup area. There was about 1/8" of rubber stuck to my tires once I was able to break the car free.[quote/]

Kewl :)

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS>>>>I HAVE DIBS ON AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE AXELS THAT PRO STREET RICH IS BRINGING!!!!!

And for those who have never raced and don't want to go because they won't be competitive. Last year, Brandon Garnett showed up with a stock 94 5 speed SC. Never raced it, but pulled a 15.2 and won some cash, free parts from Magnum Powers, and a couple plaques for his class. So see....ANYONE can win something.

Micah

debo92sc
08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
hey guys im thinking about comming down as long as i get my car back and it is running right......just commin down to see what the hype is all about, this will be my first time i probley wont be able to compete....do i still need to fill out the registration form even if im not competing :confused:

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
hey guys im thinking about comming down as long as i get my car back and it is running right......just commin down to see what the hype is all about, this will be my first time i probley wont be able to compete....do i still need to fill out the registration form even if im not competing :confused:

You don't have to but it would be nice to know who is coming. Just put "not Racing" in the mods section.

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Guys, so you know there will be prizes and money to be won at this event!

Sponsors giving out prizes:

SCT
Magnum Powers
C&L Performance
RBS Performance Tech
Spinning Wheels SC

Sponsors giving out money:

SCCOA
Supercoupe Performance
Texas Thunderbirds
C&L Performance

The bracket classes have buybacks and fees that are being returned directly to the winners. This will be a lot of fun!

We are working on even more prizes and sponsors so don't let this pass you by!

T@Sound-Xtreme
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Ill be there as long as i get a motor here soon,(and dont get extended here in Iraq) and get it up and running, hell i may even race it, i know it wont be anything impressive, but it will be my first time! And i will be driving from NC, somewhere around a 12 HR trip, so everyone should come ;) . I will also be bringing my wife and son, so hope there are some kids there.

Tyler
Sound-Xtreme

debo92sc
08-19-2004, 04:20 PM
how long does the event last on sat oct 2??? the only way i can go is if i come down sat morning....i dont want to waste a trip. :)

gldiii
08-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Lots of event info on the official site:

http://www.albeedigital.com/shootout/

tim
08-19-2004, 05:32 PM
I have to get my new double intercooler. But I will be there. How much nitro-methane. Can an S.C. block handle. :D :D

T@Sound-Xtreme
08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
will there be a sound comp? not sure if ill have mine done, but i can try if there is. I may be able to get some kinda prize going for that from my bussiness,see what we can work out, so someone contact me pls, i assume it will be xr7dave. thanks agian

dirtybird91
08-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I am missing out on everything while I wait on my car dammet! :mad:

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 05:59 PM
More sponsors have signed up today and more on the way. This is going to be the event to be at guys!

The racing is all on Friday morning and Saturday is the dyno competition. Don't want anyone to waste a trip! Call in sick Thursday and Friday if you have to!

Frank, bring your brother's SC, bring a scooter, bring the wrecker, but BE THERE! LOL

ThunderDave
08-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I am missing out on everything while I wait on my car dammet! :mad:

Frank, that's what you get for going TURBO. :rolleyes:

Just messin with ya. :D

I'll miss it too. Can't think about driving out there, I just want it running. :(

Soon, very soon. Maybe tomorrow. :D

Oh, where in Virginia is Abingdon???

David

wezar
08-19-2004, 08:15 PM
2418.3 miles one way from my house to the racetrack.

I could probably win the farthest drive to the meet prize. :)

Looks like a great time you guys are going to have. Is their going to be a DVD available for those of us who can't make the show?

Thomas A
08-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Dave, you need to quit posting stuff like this. If you don't, your going to end up talking me into going and I'll have a great time. Darn it!!! :D

Thomas

XR7 Dave
08-20-2004, 09:34 AM
If you (meaning anyone reading this) consider yourself an enthusiast, you owe it to yourself to attend. We have waited 15 years to be able to see an 11 second SC. Sure there are a couple time slips out there for 11 second SC's, but how many of us have actually seen, touched, or heard an 11 second SC? There will be at least a couple of them at this shootout.

How many times have any of you been to a track only to be forced to line up "out of the groove" or had to wait in line for 1.5 hrs for a run? How many of you have lined up against a 10 second monster that drowned out your SC?

I could go on...... Ok, I will go on a little...

How about $5000 in prizes and growing every day.... How about we have NO ONE currently registered in the STREET STOCK class? That is like FREE MONEY waiting to be claimed! If you have a stock (ish) SC then you have more reason to show up to this event than the guys with an 11 second SC! You have almost NO chance of breaking anything and EVERY chance to win! What more could you ask for???

Show your enthusiasm, show your support and register today. It will be the best money you ever spent on your SC. www.albeedigital.com/shootout

:D

Kurt K
08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Are the classes going to be spaced enough for someone to enter into multiple events? For example, Pro-Street and ET bracket? Or maybe bring 2 cars one for the stock class and one not?

Thunderbird84
08-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Hmm, I'm really starting to think about coming to this. I might have to skip a day of school, but it would be a great road trip, and I'm not too far away (Eastern PA). I just wonder if I could get my SC drivable by then.

Super XR7
08-20-2004, 06:32 PM
This sounds too good to miss, so I and my wife are going. For someone that has never raced, what would I need to have to race? Helmet if so what kind. Are there any other requirements other than what is listed on the shoot out rules? What would be best type of racing for a first timer?

Super XR7

Scott Long
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
as far as tech, make sure you have all your lug nuts, and make sure you have a battery hold down (or a bungee cord LOL) and make sure your drivers side seat belt works. If you run 13.99 or faster you'll need a DOT approved helmet. Also car can't be leaking any fluids. Drip maybe, but not leaking like a civ.

Toms-SC
08-20-2004, 11:17 PM
I bet airfare is going to be killer. :o

bbird94
08-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey guys,

For those who are on the fence you have to GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOO!! It is going to be a blast! For the people who are virgins to this, it is going to make it all that more exciting! Also for those who are entering brackets and stock class, I am going to be defending my titles and I am ready for ya this year! A little freindly trash talking to try and get more of you guys to come :p !

I am skipping 5 days of work and school to head to the shootout! The more the merrier, HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE :D !!

Have a good one,
Brandon

XR7 Dave
08-20-2004, 11:50 PM
This sounds too good to miss, so I and my wife are going. For someone that has never raced, what would I need to have to race? Helmet if so what kind. Are there any other requirements other than what is listed on the shoot out rules? What would be best type of racing for a first timer?

Super XR7

Your car qualifies in Pro Street which is going to be a tough class. Not to worry though, you are in good company. There will be plenty of practice time available and if you want you can run in Heavy Street brackets as well. There will be a variety of prizes available to be won by other than the eventual class winners.

Also, it is a chance to have your car dyno'd for free and see how it stacks up against others with similar mods.

The plan is to run the Heads Up classes first, then the brackets with Pro ET being the last class run. It will be challenging to guess just how much your car is going to be affected by heat soak. :D Bring ice. ;)

David Neibert
08-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Dave,

Good news...Kurt Kreisz and I did a compression test tonight on my SC and it looks like my motor is okay. The problem is either fuel or ignition, so I'll be able to fix that pretty easily and I will be there to race.

I'm trailering my car this time, so I can race it hard without worring about getting it back home. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

David

Bill McNeil
08-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Driving to Ohio to get go-fast goodies installed on my SC.

That's right, I didn't read a word of this thread otherwise. ;)

XxSlowpokexX
08-21-2004, 01:28 AM
My car may make an appearence...Well see if I can get it tuned well enough..Bought a wideband so I;m good to blow

David Neibert
08-21-2004, 02:04 AM
My car may make an appearence...

Damon,

I hope you can get it ready in time. From all the reading between the lines over the past few months, it sounds like it's got the potential to be one of the fastest cars.

David

debo92sc
08-21-2004, 09:24 AM
so does the event go on all day saturday or is it going to be a short day??

XR7 Dave
08-21-2004, 09:32 AM
The racing event is Friday morning and will be over by 4pm or earlier. Depending on turnout, we may begin the dyno competition on Friday but Friday evening will be the big BS and social activities. Saturday will be Dyno competition all day until 6pm. Then Saturday night will be dinner and awards. Sunday is travel time. So to answer the question, yes the event will still be well in progress but most of the competition and all of the racing will be done. Does that help?

debo92sc
08-21-2004, 01:10 PM
The racing event is Friday morning and will be over by 4pm or earlier. Depending on turnout, we may begin the dyno competition on Friday but Friday evening will be the big BS and social activities. Saturday will be Dyno competition all day until 6pm. Then Saturday night will be dinner and awards. Sunday is travel time. So to answer the question, yes the event will still be well in progress but most of the competition and all of the racing will be done. Does that help?

thank you now i know.....im going to take friday off and probley come down :D thanx dave

XxSlowpokexX
08-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Dave,

I took my time picking out parts so hopefully it all goes together well. I'd be dissapointed if I cant get it to run well. Not trying to be the fastest here...Just that I put alot of research and effort into the combination. Tuning will be key and that is one thing I am not knowledgable with as far as the EEC is concerned. My idea of tuning has been playing with timing, tps, ignition and plug gap. Never needed an external tuning device with the stangs and teh DFI in my cougar was tuned By Turbo People with me just playing with teh base program they put in..Now with the SCT tuner I'll be semi lost...Starting from scratch

Moreso then that I'd like to meet alot of you that I havnt already. 80% of the guys I met off of here are great. Where else can you ******** about an SC for hours on end haha..Most of my freinds say why damon why.. haha.

Perhaps I can just fly out there or something...Well see

Anyway Once again I have a feeling the East coast will be supreme...Ya here that JIM!!!!

Scott Long
08-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Brandon, I'd love to take a shot at your title but that damn rule about catalytic convertors keeps either of my V6 powered SC's from running in the street stock class. My silver one is basically stock but its coming up on the 200k mile mark and the original cats were removed a long time ago and since we don't test emissions here no sense in blowing money on a set of cats. Same is to be said about my black SC. Now the black one has gears, intake, and exhaust mods so it'd be a little more competitive in the street stock class but then again the cats are the issue and I am on a budget right now to even make this shootout. The last thing I'm gonna do is cut up my custom exhaust to throw some cats on it just to run one race. I'll run brackets if I make it there but I want to run heads up in the street stock class and see what it can do. I think our cars would fair close since you have the newer blower and plenum and I have gears and a blower pulley.

I hope no one gives me the speech about the EPA and the environment about not running cats, save your breath.

So Dave, and anyone else on the committee. I know of myself and a few others who will be forced to enter into modified and for heads up and best e.t. we won't be competitive. How would we go about getting the rule changed? I mean come on, its not like we get 100 free horsepower from ditching the cats, maybe 10 hp if that. Doesn't feel like it on my 90 SC.

91BLOWNSC
08-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Im considering bringing my 95 5-speed because its only about 1.5 hours away. If that. Only problem is I cannot race it because I have no 2nd gear syncro. My car is modified though and doesn't want to run right. Im guessing I need a good tune. Would anyone be there that would be willing to help me with it? Tell me if I am leaning out, or screwing up the car LOL. Can you get your car tuned on the dyno? Any info is helpful. Thanks.

XR7 Dave
08-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Im considering bringing my 95 5-speed because its only about 1.5 hours away. If that. Only problem is I cannot race it because I have no 2nd gear syncro. My car is modified though and doesn't want to run right. Im guessing I need a good tune. Would anyone be there that would be willing to help me with it? Tell me if I am leaning out, or screwing up the car LOL. Can you get your car tuned on the dyno? Any info is helpful. Thanks.

Due to time constraints there will be no possibility of tuning on the dyno during the competition on Saturday. However, on Sunday we can arrange a dyno tuning session if people are interested.

There will be plenty of people there who can help you understand what your car needs, however I wouldn't count on doing a complete overhaul in the pits on Friday!

Scott, being competitive is only part of the SC Shootout. If you don't play, then you will never know what it takes to win. I have no chance of winning my class either, does that mean I'm not going to dedicate all my spare time over the next month to seeing that this event is a success? Absolutely not! I will have a ton of fun and I will be match racing everything within 50 ft that doesn't run with it's tail between its legs but I probably won't win anything and frankly it doesn't matter.

You sat on the sidelines last year, you gonna do it again?? :p :D

David Neibert
08-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Scott,

Bring your fastest SC and race it in whatever class it fits into. My chances of winning are just as bad as yours, because without the nitrous I've got to race against whipples and ARs with power levels similar to nitrous.

Since this is an IHRA track I can run as quick as 11.500 without a rollbar and harness, so I'm going to race in the anything goes class with the v8s. I've heard an LX that runs low 11s will be racing in the same class, so I'm not going to be very competitive either. But that doesn't matter, it will still be a blast.

David

Big Cat Davo
08-22-2004, 05:35 PM
If I was not in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia, I would be there in a heartbeat. I would love the opportunity to bang some gears and meet some of the guys I have gotten to know around the boards over the years. I can't wait to get back to Canada, so I can drive my baby again, and the only way I will miss next years Shootout is if I am 10,000 miles away again.

Dave

Super XR7
08-22-2004, 05:40 PM
What happens in the event of a rainout? Would it be posponed until another weekend?

Super XR7

David Neibert
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Dave,

I noticed that Pro Mod is listed as an exibition class...does that mean there are no prizes ? That rule about not using nitrous in Pro Street unless you have a stock cam, is sure going to make it tough to compete against the screw blower cars.

David

XR7 Dave
08-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Dave,

I noticed that Pro Mod is listed as an exibition class...does that mean there are no prizes ? That rule about not using nitrous in Pro Street unless you have a stock cam, is sure going to make it tough to compete against the screw blower cars.

David

David, the Pro Mod class is mostly a bragging rights class. There will be trophies and there will be the possibility of a prize or two, but there are more prizes in the Pro Street Class. I'm not running my screw blower cars, not sure how fast the others will be. Stop yer belly achin'! :p

Mike, there will be no rainout date. This late in the year there is no time and also due to the amount of travel arrangements that some people have to make, the event will go on regardless. However, in the event of a rainout there may be a partial refund of fees. The event will go on regardless with prizes awarded for the dyno competition. We have a great arrangement with the track whereas they only charge us for the time we are actually there.

David Neibert
08-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Dave,

A trophy, plaque, ribbon, whatever so long as there is some type of prize. I'll use the nitrous and take my chances in Pro Mod. BTW, Has Wayne Ing resistered that 351 turbo yet ?

David

Super XR7
08-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I have registered and payed for the Shootout and am now trying to make hotel reservations, what I am trying to figure out is, when to come up to the event. What is going to be happending on Thursday Sept 30? I have a 500 mile trip and I am trying to decide whether to travel on Wednesday or Thursday. Either day I would arrive about 2-3:00 pm.

Super XR7

XR7 Dave
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Dave,

A trophy, plaque, ribbon, whatever so long as there is some type of prize. I'll use the nitrous and take my chances in Pro Mod. BTW, Has Wayne Ing resistered that 351 turbo yet ?

David

No, but Wayne is the last of your worries. :D

Micahdogg
08-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Wayne is the last of my worry. He better be bringin the kitchen sink if he wants some of this.

I'm bringing some vintage "Boxes of Crap" from Russ to be given out for a prize as well.

Micah

Super XR7
08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Well I went ahead and secured the hotel, looks like I will be up there Thursday afternoon. Dave this will put the dash on hold until after this event.

Super XR7

Super XR7
08-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Do we have a head count of how many are planning on attending?

XR7 Dave
08-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Do we have a head count of how many are planning on attending?

We had over 40 pre-registrations, so far the money is coming in slowly. Time to get the lead out guys! You have to have your hotel booked by Sept 16 or you lose the rate!

Micahdogg
08-27-2004, 11:00 AM
I just paid up. Didn't get the hotel because I recall your generous offer Dave of letting me crash in your bathtub.

Micah

debo92sc
08-27-2004, 12:30 PM
We had over 40 pre-registrations, so far the money is coming in slowly. Time to get the lead out guys! You have to have your hotel booked by Sept 16 or you lose the rate!

well the only issue that i have is that i can only get one day off and i would like to make it friday....but im still not sure if i can get the day off yet....so my question is can i show up friday morning and pay any fees neccesary :confused: and what time does the event begin friday :confused: im only about 1 hr and half form there so it is not really a big deal...i just want to make sure that i don't drive all the way down there and they wont let me in because i didn't pre-register for the event... :cool:

XR7 Dave
08-27-2004, 12:49 PM
well the only issue that i have is that i can only get one day off and i would like to make it friday....but im still not sure if i can get the day off yet....so my question is can i show up friday morning and pay any fees neccesary :confused: and what time does the event begin friday :confused: im only about 1 hr and half form there so it is not really a big deal...i just want to make sure that i don't drive all the way down there and they wont let me in because i didn't pre-register for the event... :cool:

You can pay at the gate. No worries.

Randy N Connie
08-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Dave:

Will Brian Herron be at the dyno to burn chips?

I would like to show up for the race about monday.Can I get a AR 2.2 blower bolted on a raised manifold,and a tune before the race?

Randy

Micahdogg
08-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Randy, I think there is no tuning at the Shootout. No time for it.

Micah

David Neibert
08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
This will be a little strange doing the race portion of the meet before the dyno portion. Then again it should reduce my chances of breaking something before the race.

David

Randy N Connie
08-30-2004, 10:31 AM
I am allmost ready to race.Just need to order a trans,& install , reinstall my k-member,swap intake manifold-plenum,install a FMIC ,new blower hat,electric waterpump,glass hood,glass doors,glass trunk lid.And get a tune,I think the motor will be running lean.

PS, forgot need tires and brakes to.

Randy

David Neibert
08-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Randy,

Kurt, Micah and I are going over to Gateway this Wednesday (slick tire night) to make a few passes. If you want to join us, we should be getting there around 5:30.

David

XR7 Dave
08-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I am allmost ready to race.Just need to order a trans,& install , reinstall my k-member,swap intake manifold-plenum,install a FMIC ,new blower hat,electric waterpump,glass hood,glass doors,glass trunk lid.And get a tune,I think the motor will be running lean.

PS, forgot need tires and brakes to.

Randy

Randy, you get all that put together in time for the shootout and I will make time to tune it for you. I will be offering dyno tuning on Sunday for anyone else who wants to hang around. Oh, and if you bring the bus, they allow camping out at the track too. Not sure about during the week though, and I can't fit that thing in my driveway!

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm an authorized SCT dealer and can burn chips for people.

David Neibert
08-30-2004, 01:11 PM
For anyone who doesn't know, I'm an authorized SCT dealer and can burn chips for people.

Dave,

Do you have anyway to read or reburn the programs on my Diablo chip from Apten ?

David

XR7 Dave
08-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Dave,

Do you have anyway to read or reburn the programs on my Diablo chip from Apten ?

DavidNo, you'll have to go to Brian for that one. If you want to get a new chip at some point, I can have him translate the diablo tuning file to SCT format so we can continue to tune your car without having to start all over again. Although starting over might not be a bad idea with the changes you've made recently.

BlckOnBlckBrd
09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I went ahead and registered. So I will be making my appearance there as well.

This is the travel info...

Total Est. Time: 13 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 838.96 miles

Anybody coming from farther away??

Anyway, Dave D. said I'd be eligible for Street Stock class so that's what I'll be running in. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Kurt K
09-02-2004, 07:36 AM
I went ahead and registered. So I will be making my appearance there as well.

This is the travel info...

Total Est. Time: 13 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 838.96 miles

Anybody coming from farther away??

Anyway, Dave D. said I'd be eligible for Street Stock class so that's what I'll be running in. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Not sure if / when you will be heading through St Louis, but I should be leaving St. Louis on Thursday morning. Although I might leave on Wednesday, just haven't decided yet. Shoot me an email if you want to coordinate the drive.