What is the most fun thing you can do with your SC?

XR7 Dave

Come to the shootout!

For anyone who thinks that racing isn't for them, I'm here to tell you that in this case racing is just an excuse to get a whole bunch of the best people on the planet together in one place for family, food, BS, photos, stories, jokes, and a good show.

Check out the webpage if you haven't already http://www.albeedigital.com/shootout . The entry form can be used to register for the competition events or just to let us know that you plan to spectate. There will be a lot of people there just to watch, so don't be bashful. And hey, if you really aren't competitive but you want to "try it out" by all means come! You don't have to compete or you can compete just for fun. There are lots of classes and I'll even help you pick the one you best fit into. No one's a loser unless they don't show up!

Heck for 75 bucks you get the chance to run as many times as you want on a super sticky track and then get your car dyno'd the next day - for free!! Most places charge $50-100 just for 3 pulls. We are including 2 pulls with your entry for free. It will be cool to find out how your car is performing and no harm done.

If you don't want any part of the competition or racing then come for the fun and entertainment as you watch the rest of us loonies beat the life out of our cars. Rest assured there will be some very fast SC's and maybe even a few fast LX's there. You will never see so many fast SC's in one place ever again. This I am very sure about.

Hey, this is a family event also. We have 3 kids that will be there and I assure you there will be others. Norwalk Raceway has a childrens playground and plenty of space to run around. Bring the scooters and bikes or RC's for the kids if you want. There is lots of pavement and even more grass....

We'll be having an impromptu car show as well. I hear that the legendary SWB 005 will be on display as will the infamous NettlesD SC with the 50/50 antifreeze/oil mix be there.

Anyway, if there is an SC event on this planet worth attending, its this one. It will be bigger than Carlisle and more fun for everyone (except NYC Russ) than a gocart full of hillbillies.

:D

Check it out. Don't be shy. Competition is only $75. Spectators are $10. Be there. Be square, or both.

Did I mention prizes? Na, couldn't have. ;)

I'll attest to the stickie-ness of Norwalk. If you have slicks.. I hope you have Raxles. Otherwise bring some spares and plan on breaking a half shaft. My car literally STUCK to the track a couple years ago when there was a delay that left me sitting on the lineup area. There was about 1/8" of rubber stuck to my tires once I was able to break the car free. :)

I would have really loved to go to the shootout, but unfortunately, Norwalk is just a little bit too far for me to drive comfortably to.

It's around a 10hr drive from Topeka KS. And on top of that, I have 3.73 gears.

Maybe it can be a little closer next year.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:
I would have really loved to go to the shootout, but unfortunately, Norwalk is just a little bit too far for me to drive comfortably to.

Maybe it can be a little closer next year.

I drove to St Louis (600+ miles) last year although I 'only' have 3.31s. This year, I'm going on the trailer even though it's only about 200 miles. After snapping a half shaft at the V6 Ford challenge, I'm not taking any chances. I have the truck and trailer, so it will make me rest easier having a way to get back home 'just in case' :) :D

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I was wondering what I "can" with my SC....
Not sure what you mean there Damon but I would REALLY like to see your car there. Well worth the effort.

Hey, no one needs to worry about breaking. There will be so many able bodied SC mechanics and spare trailers there it will be silly. I have plenty of spare parts as well. If anyone breaks and I have the parts for them, I will give them to you. Maybe we can get Pro Street Rich to bring a couple spare axles as well!

10 hrs is a long drive, but if you can get off of work then come! It will be worth every minute of it. If not, I understand too but you will not likely get this chance again. We plan to move the event around, but if you look at the map and where the SC people are from, it isn't going to get any better than this.

Dave, I think what Damon was refering to was the title of your thread, "What is the most fun thing you can with your SC?" Now Damon, let's not start another Jim Demmitt Jr. thread about grammatical errors. :eek: I'm sure everybody knew what Dave was talking about. Wish I lived close enough to go to the shootout. Maybe one day.......

David

Last edited:
BlckOnBlckBrd said:

I have to admit, I'm going to bring my car on a trailer if I can find one by then, but otherwise I'll be driving. I drive my car 900 miles one-way to Carlisle almost every year and I have 3.73's and a non-lockup convertor, so the gears can't be an excuse :p

Hell, last year's trip to Carlisle and vacation to West Palm Beach, FL were done with a melted piston :eek:

Don't worry, I'm just giving you a hard time.

:p Ya well for whatever reason I can't edit the title of the post so you're stuck with the errors.

My car literally STUCK to the track a couple years ago when there was a delay that left me sitting on the lineup area. There was about 1/8" of rubber stuck to my tires once I was able to break the car free.[quote/]

Kewl :)

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS>>>>I HAVE DIBS ON AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE AXELS THAT PRO STREET RICH IS BRINGING!!!!!

And for those who have never raced and don't want to go because they won't be competitive. Last year, Brandon Garnett showed up with a stock 94 5 speed SC. Never raced it, but pulled a 15.2 and won some cash, free parts from Magnum Powers, and a couple plaques for his class. So see....ANYONE can win something.

Micah

hey guys im thinking about comming down as long as i get my car back and it is running right......just commin down to see what the hype is all about, this will be my first time i probley wont be able to compete....do i still need to fill out the registration form even if im not competing :confused:

debo92sc said:
hey guys im thinking about comming down as long as i get my car back and it is running right......just commin down to see what the hype is all about, this will be my first time i probley wont be able to compete....do i still need to fill out the registration form even if im not competing :confused:

You don't have to but it would be nice to know who is coming. Just put "not Racing" in the mods section.

Guys, so you know there will be prizes and money to be won at this event!

Sponsors giving out prizes:

SCT
Magnum Powers
C&L Performance
RBS Performance Tech
Spinning Wheels SC

Sponsors giving out money:

SCCOA
Supercoupe Performance
Texas Thunderbirds
C&L Performance

The bracket classes have buybacks and fees that are being returned directly to the winners. This will be a lot of fun!

We are working on even more prizes and sponsors so don't let this pass you by!

Last edited:
Ill be there as long as i get a motor here soon,(and dont get extended here in Iraq) and get it up and running, hell i may even race it, i know it wont be anything impressive, but it will be my first time! And i will be driving from NC, somewhere around a 12 HR trip, so everyone should come ;) . I will also be bringing my wife and son, so hope there are some kids there.

Tyler
Sound-Xtreme

how long does the event last on sat oct 2??? the only way i can go is if i come down sat morning....i dont want to waste a trip. :)

I have to get my new double intercooler. But I will be there. How much nitro-methane. Can an S.C. block handle. :D :D

will there be a sound comp? not sure if ill have mine done, but i can try if there is. I may be able to get some kinda prize going for that from my bussiness,see what we can work out, so someone contact me pls, i assume it will be xr7dave. thanks agian

More sponsors have signed up today and more on the way. This is going to be the event to be at guys!

The racing is all on Friday morning and Saturday is the dyno competition. Don't want anyone to waste a trip! Call in sick Thursday and Friday if you have to!

Frank, bring your brother's SC, bring a scooter, bring the wrecker, but BE THERE! LOL

Last edited:
Back