I can only find one a/c port..

bradzbrad

Can someone please tell me the exact location of the a/c ports? We have of course found the one that is plainly visible, but where is the second ?

Next to the passenger side shock actuator cover, under the two hoses (fuel lines).

Last edited:
Don't forget the one by the shock tower is the low pressure port & that's the one you add refrigerant through. The one up front is the high pressure, that you put your gauge on to monitor the pressure when filling.

bradzbrad said:
T Y going to find it now!

Hmm strange .. maybe cuz mines a Canadian car , my low pressure port is located under the pressure switch that is on the top of the drier. It took a bit to find it, unscrewing the switch was almost a last resort! It`s all good now, 34 degree drop at the vents on max A/c ( I do tho, have a coupler at the location that was given to me, maybe the 89`s are different ? )

I don't think it's a Canadian issue, a lot of Fords came with the low pressure port on the top of the accumulator. I've just never seen any on SC's (my first was a '90). So maybe '89 was the only year. Anyway good to see you are keeping cool.

Back