PDA

View Full Version : attn: Dave Dalke, calculating load

NR94mtSC
08-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Dave,

I read in another post where you mentioned that load can be calculated using MAF readings and RPM, would you mind explaining how this is done? I have a ProM maf I need to get dialed in but I do not have any way to calculate load to determine my air fuel is matching what I command.

PS. I am using an innovate LM1 wideband and datalogging

THANKS ALOT
Chris

XR7 Dave
08-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Dave,

I read in another post where you mentioned that load can be calculated using MAF readings and RPM, would you mind explaining how this is done? I have a ProM maf I need to get dialed in but I do not have any way to calculate load to determine my air fuel is matching what I command.

PS. I am using an innovate LM1 wideband and datalogging

THANKS ALOT
Chris

You can calculate load, but the easiest way to dial in your meter is to unplug the O2's to force open loop. Disconnect the battery for 30 sec to erase adaptive, and then get your part throttle AF close to between 14-15 and then for WOT just match commanded WOT to your table. For tuning purposes, since you don't know exactly what your load is, just set all your table values above 100% to 12.0 and work towards that number. If you get your light throttle to 14-15 and your WOT to 12 you will be pretty much on the money. It's not an exact science and it will vary a little over time anyway, so just get it close. Adaptive will get your part throttle right if you are within 25%. Make sure you also scale your displacement if you have a "calibrated" meter.

Load is calculated by measuring airflow against rpm. 100% load would be 67cfm/1000rpm. You could make a spreadsheet to convert that to volts and load etc.

fastsc92
08-19-2004, 12:34 PM
I have a spreadsheet if you need it.