sound system

radiorick

The stock premium sound system in my 89 SC has gone bad. The right side has no volumn. I think it's time for another system. Will another system fit right in? Do I have to change the amp and speakers also? I'm not sure what to do,where to go and what kind of system to get. I would like to stay around the $200 range -if possible. Anybody have a suggestion or what have you done that can be helpful. Thanks Rick :confused:

I got a Kenwood in mine. Only had to buy an adapter harness to get it in. I did use the stock amp and speakers with out having to by pass the amp, my unit costed less than $200 from circiut city.

bigg_boyys_SC said:
I got a Kenwood in mine. Only had to buy an adapter harness to get it in. I did use the stock amp and speakers with out having to by pass the amp, my unit costed less than $200 from circiut city.

Thanks - Does it fit right in the dash without any cutting? How about a face plate - does it need one? Rick

most fit right in and depending on the radio they all have detachable face plates now days
even if it dosent fit its circut citys problem to install it :)

Buy the wiring kit from Circuit for the Premium System and it'll give you the harness to bypass the stock amp. You'll wish you did afterwards because the volume will go up REALLY FAST if you don't. I put in a cheap head unit when I had my 93 LX and at "5" on the head unit it was distorting the speakers. It's really simple to install on the amp, just unplug the connectors on each side, and plug them right into the harness you'll get.

Circuit City has the right part, for "Premium Stereos" from Ford, because that's where I got mine :)

Nick

93SuperCoupeBoy said:
Buy the wiring kit from Circuit for the Premium System and it'll give you the harness to bypass the stock amp. You'll wish you did afterwards because the volume will go up REALLY FAST if you don't. I put in a cheap head unit when I had my 93 LX and at "5" on the head unit it was distorting the speakers. It's really simple to install on the amp, just unplug the connectors on each side, and plug them right into the harness you'll get.

Circuit City has the right part, for "Premium Stereos" from Ford, because that's where I got mine :)

Nick
Thanks for your help. I know what i'm looking for now. Thanks again Rick

If going through Circuit City, you'll need the following peices.

MET 805511 - SMARTCABLE FOR FORD
MET 705513 - FORD AMP ELIMINATOR HARNESS

And depending on the radio brand, you should also grab the correct radio harness, as the ones CC uses are all plug and play, no need to wire anything up.

MET SY1680 - SONY
MET KN1680 - KENWOOD
MET AL1680
MET AL2X880 -ALPINE
MET JV1680
MET JV2X880 - JVC
MET PRO180 - PIONEER
MET PAO180 - PANASONIC

Hope this helps ya. I used to work there for quite some time too, that's why I know the p/n #'s.

pearl95sc said:
If going through Circuit City, you'll need the following peices.

MET 805511 - SMARTCABLE FOR FORD
MET 705513 - FORD AMP ELIMINATOR HARNESS

And depending on the radio brand, you should also grab the correct radio harness, as the ones CC uses are all plug and play, no need to wire anything up.

MET SY1680 - SONY
MET KN1680 - KENWOOD
MET AL1680
MET AL2X880 -ALPINE
MET JV1680
MET JV2X880 - JVC
MET PRO180 - PIONEER
MET PAO180 - PANASONIC

Hope this helps ya. I used to work there for quite some time too, that's why I know the p/n #'s.

Thanks Rick

Back