Transmission help

scfix92

I have a 94 SC and the tranny wont go into overdrive now I just picked it up for a song so I didnt even look at the tranny is there any chance that it is a relay or fuse.Also is it still an aod where I could get my tranny out of my 92 sc and use it

scfix92 said:
I have a 94 SC and the tranny wont go into overdrive now I just picked it up for a song so I didnt even look at the tranny is there any chance that it is a relay or fuse.Also is it still an aod where I could get my tranny out of my 92 sc and use it

94-95 SC had 4R70W which is electronically controlled. Basically it is an AODE with wide ratio gearset. If when you try to shift into OD it just acts like neutral I would bet the OD band is toast. Fix requires total teardown and rebuild. AODE is not interchangeable with an AOD. John

Last edited:
so sorry for my stupidity I went to my school today and looked up that car and it is the 4r70 w or something Llike that I forgot off the top of my head. but any way now I know it will not swap but still it doesnt shift into o/d but has no leaks and the car has 100,000 miles on it

scfix92 said:
so sorry for my stupidity I went to my school today and looked up that car and it is the 4r70 w or something Llike that I forgot off the top of my head. but any way now I know it will not swap but still it doesnt shift into o/d but has no leaks and the car has 100,000 miles on it
I also know that the o/d gear is run off the 3rd gear and also it does not act like neutral no slipping just wont go in it also blows fuses I will have to check which one though it is a project car. It is kinda sad cause I bought this for a song too and I am doing body work for it and for my 92 I am rebuilding the whole engine crazy huh

Back