Knock Sensor signal

fastsc92

Using my datalogger I've always been on the search to find new signals to tap into and monitor. My logger can log 4 analog voltage signals and 2 speed input signals. The voltage signals measure from 0-5 volts. And the speed sensors monitor a pulse.

SO far i have tapped into MAF voltage, TPS, Wideband 02, and Intake temp sensor for voltage signals, and all work great.

For the speed signals i tapped into RPM and MPH. Both didn't work correctly, and after talking to the tech guys, it was determined that the frequency was too small to measure and does not give a steady reading. They sudjested that i tap into an injector signal for the rpm as the two relate. I did that and the rpm input works great. However the speedo reading is still way off. Id like to know the vehicle speed and such at the track for shift points ect, but i cant get it to work.

Anyways, i was thinking i should tap into the knock sensor to see where or if i'm detonating and then i can advance and retard my timing based on what i see. I'm just not sure how the logger will interpret the signal. Its asks for a frequency, but i'm not sure what to enter. I know some of you guys have made some homemade knock sensors, so maybe someone can clue me in on what to do.

Back