Easy question HG tools

Dahoopd

I cant seem to find a post with the right answer. What pulley puller do I need to get the HG's done. (2,jaw, 3 jaw, 4inch, 6 inch) Thanks for any info.

Its amazing how much **** I have aquired since buying this car.

Don't need a pulley puller. If you're thinking about the P/S pulley, you don't need to touch that, the whole accessory bracket can be removed intact and positioned out of the way, without removing the pulley or disconnecting any lines.

Thanks

Rob Noth said:
Don't need a pulley puller. If you're thinking about the P/S pulley, you don't need to touch that, the whole accessory bracket can be removed intact and positioned out of the way, without removing the pulley or disconnecting any lines.

Thanks for the reply, either I have irritated the **** out of everyone with my questions or it was just a stupid question but, thanks for the reply. There have been people on here all day and not one can just open the thread and say "NO DUMMY, its not needed" Thanks for the help. I read somewhere that a puller was needed. I read everything but its hard to remember everything and print all topics.

Use a P/S pulley puller

I guess you may not need the P/S pulley off but it a lot nicer to have some room in there seeing how tight it is in the first place. If you're looking for tips on how to do the job do a search for a post from Scott Long, he did a very good write up on it a while ago. He has many posts and seems to help people out, so you can probably PM him with questions too. I did mine before he did the write up and everything was pretty much how he said it was.

Good luck and buy quality parts (ARP, Felpro) so you don't have to do it again. :rolleyes:

I hope this helps. :)

Jay

Back