rare exhaust question

darkstar_one

well i cut off my mufflers, now my girlfriend is mad at me because of the drone, she says its annoying, well i mean can it be its a lil too loud inside the car because the tips are just behind the rear wheels? or should i weld some pipe to exit from the back like before? or should i just put my mufflers back on? it is kinda annoying.

I got wacked mufflers on my 94, and had tips put on making the exhaust under the sides of the rear bumper. Sounds excellent, although there is some drone at highway speeds, between 1800 and 3k rpm wise. On my old 90 XR7, the exhaust was kinda lout with the chopped muffs, and it sounded like it had a mild cam as well.

Everyone has their own tastes. Do what you think is the best. Personally, if it sounds anything like my cougar did, I'd put some sort of mufflers on it, or get a louder radio.

I did the same on my 90. install some tips that extend to the end of the bumper and the noise inside the car will go down a little. It will also keep carbon monoxide from getting in the passenger area. But just like my wife, she will still complain. JJ

I did the same but never noticed a big difference when it came to drone. Sounded just fine to me. Didn't get loud till I ran an open resonator, and it still wans't all that loud. Still can't figure out wh y I was getting light headed and tired at really long stop lights :confused: :D

Last edited:
From what your describing it sounds like you're going to have to replace your girlfriend.

JK (you know I had to)

if it was that simple i would replace her, but since u cant just walk into a store and buy one then im going to have to keep this one.

I dont think my muffler can satisfy me the way she does.

Yes im just going to extend the tips to rear, see if it helps.

Back