FOG light polishing?

They are plastic...I've removed mine, wet sanded with 600, 1000 and 1500 grit sand paper, then polished. They came out much better than before. I also popped the lenses off so I could repaint the inside of housings so that the light would actually reflect out...Not a lot of work, but a little time consuming.

Sweet, so basically the same process as cleaning up the head light lenses? That shouldn't be any trouble at all. What sort of paint did you use in the housing, I may try that also. Thanks.

Yeah, pretty much the same process that is used for the headlights. Be careful if you do try to pop the lenses off, because it can break pretty easily. Mine was already starting to come off and there was a lot of mildew inside the housing. That was causing the reflective material to flake off too. I just used a cheap chrome paint on the inside. It's not quite as reflective, but it is much better than what was there. If you do this, you need to make sure that you use some good type of sealant to re-seal the lenses on the housing. I used your basic outdoor window/door silicone caulking. It has worked great for over a year and haven't had any issues with moisture or the lenses falling off.

Back