Cam Sensor

I was also wondering if anone knew what this plug it to, I seen it while looking for the Cam Sensor and was wondering if it was supposed to be plugged in anywhere?

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 129
In your first picture you have the TPS (throttle position sensor) circled, not the cam sensor. If you look just to the left (passenger side) of the supercharger snout, you should see the black cam sensor on top of what would be the distributor for some cars.

Second pic is the diagnostic port and it hooks up to an external code reader.

Thanks! Is there anyway someone could take a picture of the cam sensor for me? :confused: I have looked and looked and can't find it..Thanks

Thanks a lot. I have been serching. Couldn't find anything. Thanks a lto though!! I found it on my car. :D :D :D

Now when I change it how long will it take to relearn idle, and is there anything else I should know before do the job? Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Last edited:
supercharged24,

I pulled my battery cable before changing the CPS. In the past, I'd swapped a number of sensors on a Taurus & DeathStar & had spiked a couple (damaging the new units). While it's unlikely that there is any power going to any sensor while the car is off, I'd yank the negative cable, swap the sensor & hook it back up. I worked at a Ford dealer in the late 80's and the battery disconnect was the rule of thumb for any sensor replacement (except for OS sensors).

At least if you do that, you'll zeroize any running codes that have been saved. Have a magnet stick nearby because the stinkin little bolts will fall where & when you don't need them to. I have bannana hands, so it's all I could do to not lose either bolt. Keep in mind that these bolts are quite small and that they don't need to be tightened using the Gorilla technique. Just snug.

Also, be sure that the CPS in oriented correctly so that the plate (you'll see it when pull the CPS) will rotate between the plastic "tabs" on the inside of the CS. Once you're done, connect the battery, start the car & let it run for 6~8 minutes (or to normal ops temp), then go for a drive.

Good luck!

M Randolph

Last edited:
Back