94 95 supercharger swap (new)

debo92sc

alright guys this question is for anyone that has done the swap before.....my car is a 92 and im adding the mp plenum so when everything is bolted up my machanic said that there seems to be an extra vaccum line or lines that dont seem to reach or go into anything :confused: im really stupid when it comes to this stuff.....i really dont know what he is trying to tell me so if someone has done this before and know what hes talking about plz help :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Take a picture of the line if you can, as long as i know what it looks like or the location its in i could probably help you out.

Just block off the extra lines. When I swapped a 95 blower/inlet into my 89 I had more vacuum bungs on the inlet than I could use. I had to block two of them off. I assume this is what he's referring to?

Just make sure you hook up the lines to the inlet that SHOULD be there like the FPR line, crosstalk line, PCV line, and EGR if you have one.

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Just block off the extra lines. When I swapped a 95 blower/inlet into my 89 I had more vacuum bungs on the inlet than I could use. I had to block two of them off. I assume this is what he's referring to?

Just make sure you hook up the lines to the inlet that SHOULD be there like the FPR line, crosstalk line, PCV line, and EGR if you have one.

Micah

There aren't any extra lines on the '92. Everything should hook up just as it did with the stock inlet plenum. I've got both an '89 and a '92. The '92 hooks up just like the '94-'95. The '89 does have a vacuum line for the bypass valve that comes from the driver's side firewall. The '92 comes from the inlet plenum just like the '94-'95 and the MP unit (the '93 does too...Not sure about the '91 and previous, except the '89...)

If your mechanic can't figure out which lines need to go where, then you should think about a different mechanic.

If you need I've got some pics of what the lines look like (on a stock one) if you need them. That will show you where the lines need to be hooked up at. I'll get them for you tomorrow (Saturday) if you need them. I'm not going to be around tonight, otherwise I'd post it then. (I'm at work right now and don't have that pic here).

Back