How hard would it be to program a chip for the SC.

darkstar_one

How hard would it be to lets say, re-program the computer for t-bird. As in add more features to make it more adaptable to future mods. I have a visual basic.NET degree and C++ programming skills.

I would also like to design a program to tune the computer for the SC and make it availble to the super coupe community.

is this just a pipe dream?

dude, its been done. Its called an EEC tuner. Its been around for years. Tweecer, Shiftmaster, and SCT have been the leaders in eec tuners for Fords. In the beginning it was kinda shakey, but now most of the hardware is very user friendly. The is also SC specific software out there, with 2d and 3d graphing options.

I currently have a shiftmaster eec tuner. I run nitrous and have many other mods and it was needed to get my air/fuel dialed in for a reliable motor. So basically your "vision" has been around for years and is being updated all the time. Sorry to burst your bubble.

hey darkstar_one do you think we could work together on doing something that we could run on our laptop? whats the chances of something like this do you think? see my thread about using a laptop as a tuner, thanks

Tyler

Sorry to butt in again. Just that this stuff has been done. If you want to try the challenge, i;d say go for it. Just that most of this stuff it cheaper than it would cost to invent another type. A tuner can be had for about $200 bucks, and it'll plug right into the ford eec.

The trouble with making one is decoding the stock ford binary. Its all in a series of numbers. Doing that without knowing how, or why ford did some of the things would be impossible. Once you can decode it, its not that hard, but you'd need hardware to decode it, then convert it to something we can read and change, then have it recode it, and insert it back into the computer. OR....you can just buy a tuner for 200 bucks, and its all done and there for you to use. ;)

Back