Gauges, aftermarket

T1Bird

Alright, Id like to add some air/fuel gauges to my car, Ive been researching them on the net, between Autometer, Cyberdyne and a few others, and it seems Autometer are your reliant vs buck, specifically the phantom series or the C2, but those are a bit more pricey..

Anyways where can I get autometer gauges for a DECENT price?, Id like to purchase 2 of them, one for each side, and I also need to obtain a dual gauge pod too, where is your best find on them?...

T1Bird said:
Alright, Id like to add some air/fuel gauges to my car, Ive been researching them on the net, between Autometer, Cyberdyne and a few others, and it seems Autometer are your reliant vs buck, specifically the phantom series or the C2, but those are a bit more pricey..

Anyways where can I get autometer gauges for a DECENT price?, Id like to purchase 2 of them, one for each side, and I also need to obtain a dual gauge pod too, where is your best find on them?...

Autometer is typically more expensive than the others. I used Cybderdyne and I was happy with their Air Fuel Gauge. I find it easier to read than the Autometer ones.

Cyberdyne Air/Fuel is $86.48
Autometer Lunar $237.43
Autometer Ultra Lite $153.13
Autometer C2 $159.99

NORDSKOG makes a nice digital one with the actual number on the gauge. Part# M9200G and it's $133.36

Those prices are from Keystone and are MSRP.

Steve, did you just have 1 A/F gauge? what side o2 did you pick for it to read? and any reasoning behind that?... They dont seem to make a A/F gauge with a crossover reading do they?, would be nice to just have 1 and click it from left or right side manually..

Bruce, You should be able to find better prices than what Steve quoted, especially if you order from the US. I run the auto meter z-series a/f meter with my LM1 wide band. It's a nice unit. Hooking it to you stock 02 sensors won't really tell you too much in the way of a/f. It will show if you're over 14.7 or below 14.7. It's more of a light show, and it'll tell you if the sensor is lazy or dead. A wide band is the only way to go if you want it to truly useful. I prefer the look of the auto meter unit over the cyberdyne. I used to have a cyberdyne unit but sold it to Mikey. You can use a DPST switch and hook both 02 sensors to a single gauge. I would be careful when switching between the two to avoid voltage spikes and possibly damaging something. Switching between the two with the ignition off would be the safest.

If you're interested in getting a wide band unit, I can give you some pointers. They start at about 550-600 CAN.

T1Bird said:

Wayne, I agree, those prices are quite high but as I said, they are Keystone's price if you plan to order from someone who gets their stuff from there.

I find eBay is the best to find gauges. :)

I used 1 AF Gauge and had it on the passenger side O2. I think the reason why it was on the passenger side was because it was easier to access. :p

Back