PDA

View Full Version : Engine Noise

Ira R.
08-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Someone recommended that I pull the air silencer in order to make the engine sound better. I don't have any modifications to the engine or the exhaust system and the engine doesn't sound like it has any kick to it.

I think I remember seeing where pulling the silencer will allow the engine to generate maybe 5 extra HP, but I don't know if the aggrivation involved in pulling it is worth it.

However, if it will make the engine sound better, then it probably is worth it. Comments, suggestions??

Ira R..

1990_XR7SC
08-22-2004, 04:26 PM
I just removed my air silencer and installed a k&N drop in yesterday and It was't that big of a deal.(I did have a lift though) you will deffinitly hear the supercharger more, and I would say there was a noticeable gain.(I also cleaned out my intercooler) HP is not free, it either cost's money or it takes time most of the time both. It really comes down to what you wan't to do. if you want the sound and a little extra power then do it.

wezar
08-22-2004, 06:52 PM
It takes maybe 30 minutes to pull the silencer out. Its one of the easiest things you can do to these cars.