PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Issue

Ira R.
08-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Is it just me; does anyone out there have a problem with the center console and its' fit to the driver's seat??

I have a 92 and the center console creaks lots because every time I move in the seat it rubs against it. The seat also leaves all kinds of rub marks on the console. I don't see where either the seat or the console is out of place or alignment, so is it just me, or a design flaw.

I have owned a 93 and a 95, but this is my first 92 so I have nothing to compare it to.

Ira R..

Hock
08-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Make sure that all the srews that hold it in place a tight. If it still does it after that I would go to you local hardware store and get some thin rubber washer and prlace them in between were the body and console come together.

Kurt K
08-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Is it just me; does anyone out there have a problem with the center console and its' fit to the driver's seat??

I have a 92 and the center console creaks lots because every time I move in the seat it rubs against it. The seat also leaves all kinds of rub marks on the console. I don't see where either the seat or the console is out of place or alignment, so is it just me, or a design flaw.

I have owned a 93 and a 95, but this is my first 92 so I have nothing to compare it to.

Ira R..

I have the same problem in my '92 and I've come to the conclusion that the frames of the seats are bent. It's always seemed like the driver's seat leans a little to the right. I've even put washers under some of the sonsole mount to try and lean the console away from the seat a little. Some day I might try and look at the seats a little closer.

J.D.
08-22-2004, 04:29 PM
My passenger seat side bolster rubs against the center console; the driver's doesn't. That makes me suspect that the bolster opens too much. I haven't looked into it as there aren't any SCs in the local junkyards for me to experiment on. Since I use the car once a week, I inflate the bolster slightly before driving off. It holds the pressure for a few hours.