K-Member question Randy??

Blown347

Randy Im pretty sure you installed one, They did not send any directions.
Is the picture correct? also the area highlighted do you use the two smaller
bushings?

Thanks Chris

AJEracing.com

Attachments

• k member.jpg
    k member.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Spacers that came with mine were the spacers for the shock mounts,
like you have in your picture.

I cut some spacers out of 4130 on my lathe for the front of the strut tensioner and washers for the back .Every bolt should be shimmed to not walk around. Shims should wide enough, so when tightening the bolts you don't distort the mounting tabs excessively.And shims should be same width & placed the same on each side of you car.This is what I done.

I also bought some rod end seals from www.sealsit.com

Randy

Last edited:
ok another

Has anyone tried doing a coilover yet? It seems like it would work.
But not possitive yet. Or is it better to just use the Eibachs I have?

Randy is it a pain to get it alligned? Did you screw the ajustments for the
alliment all the way in or did you leave them spaced out a little?
It really looks like to be a pain to adjust the allignment once you have it all put together.

Thanks Chris

Attachments

• coil over.jpg
    coil over.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 74
I have not takin it to a allignment shop.Havent done anything to the SC since my trans went south again.Except remove the k-member.I wanted to do some fab work on the k-member.Havent had any time to work on my SC this year.
But I have been making parts for it.Just no time to bolt them on and use.

I have planned to buy adjustable coil-over springs for the front.Since my car has not already been lowered.

My k-member went on ok,but I had two guys helping that build dirt racing chassis for a living.They had air tools that made the job easy.I just did the machined spacer work for the k-member.And they aligned enough to drive.

I did drive mine for about 10 miles.It drove very positive and tight.I liked it.

Good luck Randy

Back