My 145 speedo doesnt work

Tx_Cat

Well, bought the speedo and the needle does not move, but the rest of it does work. Any ideas on what to look and what to do to ix it?

if it doesnt work then u should probably check the speedo gear in side the head, i believe that there is this lil sticker that falls in between the gears and makes it non operational. if its not that then return it.

Could be a bad VSS sensor.

See if a small manufacturing sticker fell off and is blocking movement. Also, has the needle ever been taken off? If so, the counterweight maybe off. You may need to get it calibrated at a speedometer shop.

Yeah, I had to take the needle off to put the correct mileage that my car has, I didnt know you had to recalibrate it, but still it should work, or not??

Try installing the needle at the 30MPH position, and the needle should rotate back to or close to 0 MPH. Keep trying different MPH till the MPH rotates back to 0 MPH

Another way with the engine running.
You can try to install the needle while the car is running. Pull the emergency brake and put the trans in D. With the instrument cover off, slip the needle back on.

These steps should get the speedo working, but you need to check the accuracy.

Back