ARC relay clicking..

Raptor

...the one in the package tray. It started with the Firm Ride indicator blinking 4 times. I disconnected all 4 actuators and when the firm ride switch is moved from Firm Ride back to Auto I get 3 clicks from the relay and the indicator still blinks. Is this the relay falt or is it failing somewhere up stream?

Also when using non ARC shocks how do you disable the system and keep the
firm ride indicator light off?

Thank's

Bill

1) The position of the actuators is read by the ARC computer. So if one of them is stuck the firm light will blink. In your previous post you said that you were getting a clunking noise from the left rear actuator and the light would blink four times. Did you swap actuators and did the light then give a different code?
2) Try swapping the hard and soft relays to see if one of them is bad. Do you get a different code? Are you sure that the light blinked 4 times and not 2 times and then 2 times (repeat code)?
3) To disable the system:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29600

ARC Clicking

J.D. said:
1) The position of the actuators is read by the ARC computer. So if one of them is stuck the firm light will blink. In your previous post you said that you were getting a clunking noise from the left rear actuator and the light would blink four times. Did you swap actuators and did the light then give a different code?
2) Try swapping the hard and soft relays to see if one of them is bad. Do you get a different code? Are you sure that the light blinked 4 times and not 2 times and then 2 times (repeat code)?
3) To disable the system:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29600

Yes, I thought it was coming from that position but upon further inspection I found it is coming from what I believe is a relay at the package area. I did not swap actuators but disconnected them all and still got 4 blinks (steady 4 then steady 4 again and again and so on). How do you switch between the hard and soft relay's? and thank you for you interest
in my problem.

Bill

The relays are behind the ARC module/computer on the module tray in the trunk. They're the same so you can unplug and swap between them.
Four clicks does mean left front actuator, so I would recommend that you exchange it with the right front one and then check.

Last edited:
ARC Clicking

J.D. said:
The relays are behind the ARC module/computer on the module tray in the trunk. They're the same so you can unplug and swap between them.
Four clicks does mean left front actuator, so I would recommend that you
exchange it with the right front one and then check.

Can I get to the relays without dropping the package tray? I seems that you have to remove the interior package tray stuff to get to the nuts that hold the tray up!
P.S. The indicator light blinks 4 times once its in the Auto mode. The relay clicks 3 times as soon as you switch to Auto. I only say this as I don't know if it makes a difference.

Bill

You need to drop only the left side of the tray. Pull down on the black pin on the left side - this will disconnect the left side, then pull down on the center support. The relays are hidden under sound-deadening material behind the ARC module.
But first note down what you see when you switch from Auto to Firm and back to Auto. Also move the switch to Auto, then turn on the ignition (don't start the car), and then note down what you see.

Back