PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best EEC tuner?

RichM
08-22-2004, 09:56 PM
It's almost time to start fine tuning my 91, so I have to pose the question. What is the best EEC tuner (EEC-IV) on the market.

XR7 Dave
08-22-2004, 10:31 PM
The SCT software has access to areas of the EEC that the others only dream about. You don't have to buy the whole $800 package, you can get chip that does all the same stuff for much less.

RichM
08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
The SCT software has access to areas of the EEC that the others only dream about. You don't have to buy the whole $800 package, you can get chip that does all the same stuff for much less.

Details Dave?

From my short time reading up on the SCT software, people are getting good results and really like it (never thought I would hear myself say that about a superchips product). And I am starting to leaning that way.

But, who do I talk to to get a chip? The closest "dealer" is a 6 hour drive from where I live, and that dealer isn't even listed as having the SCT system. I admit I have a lot more research to do before I can make a decision, hence this poll.

jordansypek
08-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Details Dave?

From my short time reading up on the SCT software, people are getting good results and really like it (never thought I would hear myself say that about a superchips product). And I am starting to leaning that way.

But, who do I talk to to get a chip? The closest "dealer" is a 6 hour drive from where I live, and that dealer isn't even listed as having the SCT system. I admit I have a lot more research to do before I can make a decision, hence this poll.

SCT is it's own company, which is why it is the boom banging tuner on the market. It was written and designed by the real people that know. If you want to talk to the engineers themselves or for more information:

http://forums.modulardepot.com

http://www.superchipscustom.com/

tim
10-31-2004, 12:02 PM
I dont know what brand it is but my car ran like crap till Dave D put in a new chip and retuned it. Take it from there.

XR7 Dave
11-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Tim your car has an SCT chip in it. I am an SCT dealer and I provide dyno tuning as well as mail order and custom chips.

SCT is a division of Superchips but it is operated entirely independent of Superchips Inc. Jerry W. started the company using his vast knowledge of Ford EEC processors and a team which includes the best Ford tuners and PCM engineers in the country.

Long distance tuning is a drag, but I am willing to do it for you at no additional charge.

David

rzimmerl
11-21-2004, 11:09 AM
XR7Dave, how much do you charge for a dyno tune, i live across the state and looking at an MN12 EEC tuner, or too have a chip custom burnt this spring after i get her out of storage and get the 94 blower on.,

Rich Thomson
01-19-2005, 10:33 AM
The Tweecer support for the SC had fallen through. I tried for over a year to make it happen.

EEC Tuner's are still available. The origional EEC Tuner for personal use.

SCT for the EEC-IV is still a chip you have to pull off the EEC to reprogram. Holds 4 tunes. SCT Software was written by same guy who wrote the GUITuner. SCT is more advanced with it's software.

All others are chips.

XxSlowpokexX
01-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Dave you mena you can get me a good tune mail order:O)

XR7 Dave
01-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Dave you mena you can get me a good tune mail order:O) Haha. I could get you a respectable tune. No substitute for hands on in your case though.

Porabowl
02-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Haha. I could get you a respectable tune. No substitute for hands on in your case though.

I'd like to inquire more about your EEC tuning if your still doing it, like how much it would be and how hard it would be to install. thanks...

Tom '93 red SC...for now

Rich Thomson
02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes the EEC Tuner is still selling and here is the link to more info.
EEC Tuner Parts Page (http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/eec-tuner.htm)

Here is a link to the MN12 Performance EEC Tuner User Guide.
MN12 User Guide (http://www.mn12performance.com/eecsoftware/MN12-EEC-Tuner-User-Guide.pdf)

Rich

XR7 Dave
02-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I'd like to inquire more about your EEC tuning if your still doing it, like how much it would be and how hard it would be to install. thanks...

Tom '93 red SC...for now

If that question was directed at me, please send me an email via the link in my sig for details.

MIKE 38sc
02-02-2005, 05:17 AM
Rich, What OS do you need on your computer to run the Tuner software?
The screenshot on your site looks like Windows 98, will it run on XP or Linux?
Thanks.

MIKE 38sc
02-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Dave, same qeustions to you.
Also is SCT the co. Brian Herron formerly of Apten is now involved with?
Thanks.

Rich Thomson
02-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Rich, What OS do you need on your computer to run the Tuner software?
The screenshot on your site looks like Windows 98, will it run on XP or Linux?
Thanks.

Win98, winnt, win2k and XP. Since the software is several years old it has had communication problems with some newer hardware running XP. Code in the com port string fails on a few of the newer Dell and Gateway laptops. The guy who wrote the software came down with MS and can no longer rewrite the software. I personally have had it working on all the Microsoft operating systems.

Rich

XR7 Dave
02-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Dave, same qeustions to you.
Also is SCT the co. Brian Herron formerly of Apten is now involved with?
Thanks. Brian now works for SCT yes, it is the same Brian. I will check if the software is compatible with other operating systems.

MIKE 38sc
02-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Win98, winnt, win2k and XP. Since the software is several years old it has had communication problems with some newer hardware running XP. Code in the com port string fails on a few of the newer Dell and Gateway laptops. The guy who wrote the software came down with MS and can no longer rewrite the software. I personally have had it working on all the Microsoft operating systems.

Rich

Thank you Rich, but now I have yet another qeustion.
How do you feel the software writers illness and inability to work on the software is going to affect the future of your product? Such as updates and a possable revamping if needed.

MIKE 38sc
02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Brian now works for SCT yes, it is the same Brian. I will check if the software is compatible with other operating systems.

Thank you Dave. I thought that was where Brian went but I wanted to be clear on that.

XR7 Dave
02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
How do you feel the software writers illness and inability to work on the software is going to affect the future of your product? Such as updates and a possable revamping if needed.

This is where SCT really offers the greatest advantage. The crew at SCT are all well known Ford enthusiasts who are actively pursuing new markets. For example, SCT already has software available for the 05 Mustangs and the newest Diesels. Now of course that has little to do with an old processor platform such as ours other than just the comfort of knowing that the company and the people developing their products will be there when you need them.

It also helps that the president of SCT actually owns a Supercoupe and in fact did post here in years past. It is also a comfort to know that as a dealer I can email him at any time with any questions or problems I may encounter with either tuning or the SCT software and receive a personal response from him.

{edit} This should not be interpreted as stating that Rich doesn't support the EEC Tuner. From what I have seen, read, and heard Rich provides top notch support for his customers. David
{edit}

Rich Thomson
02-02-2005, 08:21 PM

You are correct and future hardware/software development is dead. The EEC Tuner works with the SC's and it was the first tuning software but won't be the last. :)