Starving for Fuel?

007_SuperCoupe

Okay, here’s the background:
I’ve got a ’95 supercharger on my ’92 SC. It has been ported almost to the extent of the MPI/MPII. The outlet is ported almost identical to an MPII. The inlet is ported slightly larger than the S-port, but not quite as much as the MPII. It also has a 5% pulley on it. The inlet plenum is also port matched to the inlet and the TB side is also gasket ported. Twice now, I’ve gotten a CE light, but only after WOT. I’m thinking that it’s leaning out a bit. I haven’t been able to pull those codes as it is a running code only and as soon as I turn the car off, the code clears.

Now here’s the question:
So at 8% overdriven, with it being ported, is it at all possible that I’m running out of fuel with my 30lb injectors? Or is it possible that I’m pegging the MAF? Or a combination of the two? I’m interested to know if this is why after just a few mods, the car feels just about the same as before I did the mods.

When I installed my MPII & MP Plenum.I and to go with larger injectors.
And change my sample tube in my C&L MAF to match the new #42 injectors.
The motor would lean out in the higher RPM range.Then had Brian Herron
retune it for me & check the A/F ratio.

I went with the #42 injectors so I would have room for more mods.

Randy

007_SuperCoupe said:
Okay, here’s the background:
I’ve got a ’95 supercharger on my ’92 SC. It has been ported almost to the extent of the MPI/MPII. The outlet is ported almost identical to an MPII. The inlet is ported slightly larger than the S-port, but not quite as much as the MPII. It also has a 5% pulley on it. The inlet plenum is also port matched to the inlet and the TB side is also gasket ported. Twice now, I’ve gotten a CE light, but only after WOT. I’m thinking that it’s leaning out a bit. I haven’t been able to pull those codes as it is a running code only and as soon as I turn the car off, the code clears.

Now here’s the question:
So at 8% overdriven, with it being ported, is it at all possible that I’m running out of fuel with my 30lb injectors? Or is it possible that I’m pegging the MAF? Or a combination of the two? I’m interested to know if this is why after just a few mods, the car feels just about the same as before I did the mods.

I beleive I am in the same boat Sam, thats why I choose to upgrade the entire intake setup including a move up to 42 lb injectors. Too bad we couldnt get in on a group buy on injectors

Back