What Injectors??

Dan3.8

I have a 98 V6 Mustang for which Im shopping for fuel upgrades. I came here because you SC guys have more expirience with the high power 3.8 setups.

Im currently running 30# injectors and a Vortech fuel management unit which has me limited to 403rwhp/408rwtq at about 4800rpm. I need injectors that will support what I have now plus be capable of carrying me to 500rwhp+.

I can get 50s for 270 or 55s & 60s for $338

What do you reccomend and why?

A quick summary of the cars mods if needed. 3.8 V6, 9.5:1 CR, ported heads, cam, sheetmetal upper intake, longtubes, vortech w/ intercooler @ 20psi. Car does 12.6 @ 114 on drag radials

im guessing the 50's will do you good... looks like u got quite a setup there. good luck. anyone else wanna give the man some help?

500+ @ the rear wheels just get the 60's and be done with it. I upgraded my injectors and now wish I would have gone up that high in the first place.
Nice work on the motor.

Mr. D. correct me if I'm wrong.

T-bird4vr said:
Nice work on the motor.

Mr. D. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.. here is a pic if interested

Eng100.jpg

dang that much out of 30s? we cant push much ove stock with 30s. most are running 42s for over 300 rwhp. i would say 50s would probably suffice but just get 60s now and dont worry about it because they will work for just about anything. (future mods etc.)

92redsc said:
dang that much out of 30s? we cant push much ove stock with 30s. most are running 42s for over 300 rwhp. i would say 50s would probably suffice but just get 60s now and dont worry about it because they will work for just about anything. (future mods etc.)

The vortech fuel management unit makes that possible but its a little risky.

Back