What length o2 sensor leads with Kooks medium headers ?

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
I'm installing some new o2 sensors while I'm working on my 91 SC, and don't remember what length the leads need to be with the headers.

David

Thanks Rick,

I found that thread after posting this, but I have 4 lead sensors on my 91 so those numbers wouldn't work. I went to Autozone at lunch and they only listed a standard 8.5" lead 49.99 ea. or a universal with about 18" leads and a splice kit for 64.99 ea.

Since I was going to have to splice the universal, and I can just as easily splice the the cheaper standard length sensors, that's what I bought.

David

Bosch 15717 & 15718
O2 sensors w/longer leads for Kooks headers. 13" & 16" leads

I found that on the old part number list for Bosch.

http://www.sccoa.com/faq/supplierpartnumberlisting.php?partnumber

Not knowing any better I thought they worked on my 90 SC too. Being a dumb newbie I did not know notice were four wire since they fit my connector. I had a rich condition and CE light I could not make go away. Had Brian reburn my chip and switched MAFs thinking it was the problem. Then I finally went to change the O2s since thinking they were defective and found out I had the wrong ones......

below is from the schucks website

Bosch 15717
Check/Replace Interval 100K Miles; OE Type w/Connector; 4 Wire; Heated; 2 Required; 13" Harness; Tie Excess Wire;

Bosch 15718
Check/Replace Interval 100K Miles; OE Type w/Connector; 4 Wire; Heated; 2 Required; 16-1/2" Harness

Rick,

Thanks for digging up the correct part numbers, I'll return the ones I bought yesterday. I really didn't like the idea of extending those leads and now I don't have to.

David

Good Choice Dave. I've seen that even with soldering the leads they still give inaccurate readings. ... Those part numbers above will work perfectly with the mid's.

Anthony

Back