What is the best owners/repair manual?

Spydersc

I was curious what the best do it yourself repair manual is for the 1989 T-bird SC. My car has been sitting for over a year and now its finally time to fix it.

Thanks
Spydersc

Don't know where you can find it...

But I use the original Ford Factory Shop Manual, mine came with my car :)

You can pick up used Ford Service/Shop and EVT manuals for around $20 including shipping on eBay. If you're picky, then wait for an unused one to come along (for the same price).

Not Originally

mn12freak said:
But I use the original Ford Factory Shop Manual, mine came with my car :)
Then you didn't buy the car new! I think I pd. $75 for mine when I bought my XR-7 in '89.

68COUGAR

A ford manual is nice to have, also the Haynes is not bad...Paired with either of those is one that you can make yourself with a binder.

I went to the FAQ's and even picked some threads that I thought would some in handy later and put them in a binder. Categorize them however it best suits you. Also I went to MN12performance.com and printed off all of the DIY stuff there that I liked...I ended up with a nice lil binder that I use more than my manuals...I am always adding to it as well...This is the stuff that is not in the manuals so it does have its place on the shelf...Mine stays with me on my car most of the time...

You can get crazy and laminate the pages too...They will fair the grease and wheather better...

Brad

Back