Has anyone ever done this before?

joshbea6

I need some Help. I konw that Mansier has done this, but he did it with no aspirations of putting it back in.

Has anyone ever removed the moonroof on their SC? I need to get it removed so that I can send the car to the dip tank, so that means, all gaskets, glass, etc. needs to be gone.

So in other words, HOW do you do it?

-Josh

joshbea6 said:
I need some Help. I konw that Mansier has done this, but he did it with no aspirations of putting it back in.

Has anyone ever removed the moonroof on their SC? I need to get it removed so that I can send the car to the dip tank, so that means, all gaskets, glass, etc. needs to be gone.

So in other words, HOW do you do it?

-Josh

well, mine came off it's track recently, so to put it back on i took the glass and rails off. it's pretty easy, just unscrew. not sure about the motor and seals though, but to my understanding the motor just unscrews as well. it's one of the procedures for adjustment.

How did you get it off? Mine looks to be riveted into place (the frame around the moon roof that is). I don't have power to the motor to wind the roof, so I'm kind of out of luck there.

Did you take the glass out the top?, or did you drop the headliner out and do it that way?

I don't know if you have a stock moon roof or one of the ASC aftermarket units.

On the stocker, most stuff comes out from the outside. You'll need to raise the sunroof to remove the screws holding in the glass. Once the glass is out, the stock frame and tracks were removed by taking out the screws.

The Helms manual may have a more detailed set of instructions for removing all of the components.

It is the stock moon roof. Ok, I'll check the shop manual. I was giving the board a chance first...

I just hope that things with the roof are not like the "FUN" stuff that I keep finding out about this poor 90 SC.

Thanks!

gldiii said:
On the stocker, most stuff comes out from the outside. You'll need to raise the sunroof to remove the screws holding in the glass. Once the glass is out, the stock frame and tracks were removed by taking out the screws.

The Helms manual may have a more detailed set of instructions for removing all of the components.

^ what he said. it was pretty easy.

Back