EEC-Tuner?

nighthawk

I was just wondering....

I see posts on MN12 for the EEC-Tuner....The Chip You Control....and am curious on how they work? Do you run your car with it attached along with Laptop? Also what benifits come with the EEC-Tuner over any other Chip? I currently run the Hypertech PowerProgrammer and see abit of Difference but to be honest Im not sure what its doing exactly?

Anyways if anyone has the time to explain the would be great...thanks :)

eec..

I would recommend the SCT Racer Package for anyone getting into tuning. It is much easier to use than the old eec tuner and just about anyone once they go through the tutorials that are included should be able to do most of their own tuning once a base file is made. Modular Depot sells the SCT Racer Package and even has a forum for asking questions on tuning with the unit.

When I was using the eec tuner I had others make files for me, mainly because I did not understand how to use the eec tuner software to make changes. Sure I could change timing, idle, and fan turn on points, but beyond that I was clueless.

I just got the SCT Racer Package about a week ago, and already I have fine tuned my MAF Transfer Function and am able to command a/f ratio to whatever I want. Plus there are other variables that the eec tuner does not even cover that the SCT Software has. It is about double the cost of the eec tuner, but well worth it plus they send you a base file based on your modification level to tune from.

Back