Prices on lower rebuild parts(have them)

T@Sound-Xtreme

Ok guys heres what it has come to, rebuild or buy, i have the engine in NC shipped to my door for $1255 OR

Here are the prices for the parts to rebuild the lower half, tell me if you think they are ok? OR if you know of a place to get them cheaper, thanks agian.

ROD BEARINGS- $32.90 (standered size)

MAIN BEARINGS- $41.99

ROD BOLTS- $66.39

MELLING HIGH VOLUME OILPUMP REBUILD KIT- $77.69

TOTAL SEAL RINGS- $125.69

ARP HEAD STUDS- $107.69

FELPRO COMPLETE GASKET KIT- $139.00

USED CRANK + 4 RODS- $120.00

So for a total of $711.35 + shipping

And thats not including the machine shop yet.

So what do you guys think?

Tyler
Sound-xtreme

I got my bearings, rings, headset, and conversion gasket set from Northern Auto Parts for $277 shipped to my door. Chances are that gasket set you are talking about is only the head set. All my gaskets were Felpro, the bearings were Federal Mogul, and the rings were Sealed Power. Also, don't do a pump rebuild, you can buy a whole Melling oil pump for $84 from Autozone, or Advance Auto Parts.

Biggin'

I wasn't trying to sell parts to this guy, Only telling him where to get them. Your cam is is on the way. I know exactly where it is at: Between here and there. :D ;) :p :D ;) :p
Live with it.

If y'all wanta get into a spitting contest, go somewhere else. Tyler is a good friend and a Marine to boot who's coming home soon, so show him some respect! :mad:

Tyler-check around for a good machine shop-you'll go about the same total amount, and the engine will be fresh :D

Back