need help from the people at high elevation.

1990_XR7SC

I just purchased my 90 xr7 and I live at 6400 feet. I am only seeing 12-14in (hot)of vacume and 9-10psi @ 5000rpm. :confused: I know my mustang that is turbocharged lost about a psi of boost when I moved up here from 1400 ft. and I lost a few inches of vac as well. are you guys seeing a big loss of boost at these altitudes or do I have a big vac leak somewhere? I have allready found 2 leaks and have fixed them.(one on the inlet side and one on the intercooler.) couldn't find any others. thanks for any help.

I'm high just like you. ABQ, NM. As far as I can tell you're making the right amount of boost for that elevation. It's how much I made stock. By the way if you have plans to modify your car go with exhaust, took a consistent .5 sec off my times and now a pulley goes on without fear.

i'm in albuquerque too and i get about 10psi max with a 5% o/d pulley and a cold air intake. we're at about 5200 ft. elevation. my vac will sometimes get almost to 20.

thanks.

I figured my boost was correct do to the lower air pressure at this altitude. I wasn't sure if positive displacement superchargers would react differently at this altitude(my turbocharged mustang acted way different). so my vacume sounds pretty low, thats not a good thing, wonder if the engine is tired? the engine is approaching 100k are they known to not have a long life span? thanks again.

mines at 108K but i go out of my way to hose clamp every vac tube i can get my hands on. i still don't know what normal vac should be though the highest i've seen it is just below 20.

Back