PDA

View Full Version : Where are you putting your nitrous solenoids?

sizemoremk
08-25-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm trying to hide mine to be honest...

Don't want to be too obvious about it...

I got the 5.0 mustang dry kit, it has the two solenoids with the regulator in the middle...

Thinking of draining the washer fluid tank and putting it in there...

1990_XR7SC
08-25-2004, 08:18 PM
maybe you could hide them under the wiper cowl?? that's how I did it on my mustang. it's close to the throttlebody.

David Neibert
08-25-2004, 09:11 PM
maybe you could hide them under the wiper cowl?? that's how I did it on my mustang. it's close to the throttlebody

I've seen a dry system done that way on a a 93 SC. After wrapping the solenoid with black electrical tape and covering the nitrous line with a piece of fuel hose, you couldn't tell it had a nitrous kit. It just looked like another vacuum hose.

Hiding a wet kit and a purge would be a little more difficult and probably wouldn't fit there.

David

pearl95sc
08-25-2004, 10:10 PM
If you don't mind taking some things apart to put them there, behind the pass. side strut tower, theres a nice spot. It's well covered once everything is in. You could even vent the purge line under the car, then purge when doing a burnout, and woila, who would ever guess.

sizemoremk
08-26-2004, 12:35 AM
I think I have found a place. There is an area just below that brake junction block on the drivers side. The only concern is it is about 6 inches from the exhaut pipe (no cats) So I will have to create some kind of heat shield.

Any thoughts?

crzykyman
02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
just remember, NOS and heat, not a good mix. or i should say flames and NOS, not a good mix.. be careful..but, good luck.