PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt light

ILikeFtLbs
08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
OK, my light is stuck on for the seatbelt on the gauges. I assume that wire is constantly getting power, so where should i check for a disconnected kill in relation to the seatbelt clip, or somewhere else? Also, does anyone have a graph of how the wiring connects to the console light switch?

J.D.
08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
If you unplug the seatbelt chime module and the light goes off, then it will mean that the module is bad. Press the sides of the glovebox inwards and lower it to get to the module. The module will be standing up and to the right. If you cannot identify it, then turn on the ignition and it will chime.

ILikeFtLbs
08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Thank's very much. I will check it and let you know if that fixes the problem.

GreenBirdLX
08-27-2004, 12:19 AM
on my 96 closing the circuit causes the light to come on, so you might be looking for a short.

ILikeFtLbs
08-27-2004, 12:56 PM
on my 96 closing the circuit causes the light to come on, so you might be looking for a short.
Problem solved. I turned the key waiting to here the bell sound. I guess I had gotten so used to it that when it stopped, I never noticed. Since I heard no sound, I located the unit and found that it was actually NOT connected. I plugged it back in, and now the bell is back and the seatbelt light goes out! Thanks for your help.