Plugs And Wires

Gregssc

o.k. just another question???
I was reading some info on how to change the plugs and wires on the SC and I noticed that it said you should lay the old wires beside the new ones to make sure that it's the same length, so that being said....I noticed my mechanic not putting the same length wires on the plugs....some of the wires he had to really pull on to get them to fit...will that be a problem if the new wires wern't put on in the same length and order?
So confusing!!!!!!

Don't stress, everything will work fine but I would question the mechanics abilities. For me at least, that was basic tune up 101. The one thing I may see as a problem is that maybe some of the wires are resting in places that you don't want them resting, ie exhaust manifolds, on top of each other(will cause crossfire), rubbing on a bracket(will wear on wires). I know they have to be in the right order though or you would definately notice a wire on the wrong plug.

Last edited:
i got a similar problem, but my wires have too much slack on them. I dont know if its me or i probably got the wrong set or what.

you should change them 1 at a time so you can measure them with the ones that were already on there. also to make sure they are routed the same way.
some mechanics lack common sense. that's why my car will never see one. :D

well i did mine myself, no mechanic has touched my car besides my dad. well i will probably get a new set. Also one thing. why people choose magnecore? i heard plug wires dont give performance gains?

darkstar_one said:
well i did mine myself, no mechanic has touched my car besides my dad. well i will probably get a new set. Also one thing. why people choose magnecore? i heard plug wires dont give performance gains?

I still don't know why people spend the money on Magnecore. I have a set of Taylor wires on mine and haven't had a prob yet and they only cost me $40. But plug wires don't really make power, good ones just deliver the power that SHOULD be there.

Aaron Pedroza said:
I still don't know why people spend the money on Magnecore. I have a set of Taylor wires on mine and haven't had a prob yet and they only cost me $40. But plug wires don't really make power, good ones just deliver the power that SHOULD be there.

For the same reason people spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on "premium" audio wires and cables.

On the flip side, I'll spend a few more bucks if it gives me the peace of mind that the wires aren't a limiting factor. If I perceive that cheap wires aren't giving me 100%, I'll go nuts until I change them. It's all in our heads, where wires/cables are concerned, IMO. At least until an irrefutable double-blind result is achieved.

Basically, if you THINK they help, that's what matters.

Back