Question About Car Fax

motocross_masta

I have two quick questions about Carfax. Does it show the current Owner and does it show if the car has been reported stolen. There's a long big story of how my stepdad stole my car etc etc etc, everyone who read the post knows all about it, but i want to check if its been transferred into my name and if it has been reported as stolen, because I've been told it has, but i do not believe it has been because of some recent trust issues, LONG STORY. If anyone knows whether or not carfax covers those two things, plz get back to me, and if they do, could someone run a carfax for me to tell me the current status of the car, maybe copy/paste the information into an email or something if possible. Thanks a million
-Chris

It doesn't show the present owner, but it will say which DMV (state and city) that it has been registered at and if there was a title switch. I actually am able to access carfax if you would like to email me your vin number to SCThunderchick@yahoo.com. As far as the car being stolen, if there was a police report about it including the vin number, then it would most likely show up on car fax, but I could be wrong. I think it would be because thats how they know if a car has been in an accident, through police reports. But email me and I can look into it for you!

Alicia
2000 Firebird Formula
1994 Thunderbird SC

Back