Need to upgrade Fuel system?

SCollord90

If I were to be running a full 2.5" exhaust with headers, a 10% pulley, a bigger mass air, and an MP FMIC I think I would need bigger injectors and/or a a larger capacity fuel pump or would I be ok? Could I do this for a while and still see good results? OR do you think the FMIC would be just plain overkill and I should look into something else maybe not even intercooler related.

Last edited:
SCollord90 said:
If I were to be running a full 2.5" exhaust with headers, a 10% pulley, a bigger mass air, and an MP FMIC I think I would need bigger injectors and/or a a larger capacity fuel pump or would I be ok? Could I do this for a while and still see good results? OR do you think the FMIC would be just plain overkill and I should look into something else maybe not even intercooler related.

I would just go with a double intercooler unless you have the extra money for the MP FMIC. There are some for sale in the parts forums. As long as you guys keep avoiding your biggest problem, that being your stock, crappy shifting AOD, I'll keep on being quicker! :p ;) :eek: :D To you and Jeremy, I don't know WHY you guys don't invest in a Lentech. :confused: That would absolutely be the next best mod to complete. Just my .02 :D

SCollord90 said:

Well, I did quite a bit of work before I upgraded the fuel system. I was in low 14's before I even changed injectors from the stock 30#'s. I personally don't think you'll need to upgrade fuel until you do something real big like change the blower. The 30's seemed to work fine for me up to about 285 ponies.

Back