Nos Help!!!

Bleed_Ford_Blue

Alright, I may have done something stupid. I have been having trouble with the local LT-1 boys outrunning my 93 REAL BAD. I just cant have that anymore. I sold the 93 and bought a 95 (5 spds both). Now, I have been throwing money (behind my wifes back of course) at my new car. Current mods (in 3 weeks of ownership) freddie top, pro-m 75, scp underdrives, scp 3' cai. Next month I am getting some texas t bird downtubes, losing the cats and res and putting 40 series flows in (I have a loud radio the drone wont bother me). Now, I was parusing ebay and found a slightly used zex dry kit for $200. I think it is a 75 shot. I know absolutely nothing about nos except how it works and how it might help me outrun those god damn LT-1 kids :mad: . What do I need to do to my car to make this work, is 75 too much? How much fuel pump will I need? I have absolutely no experience with nos, except getting my *** kicked by someone using it :( . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan

if the lt/ls1 boys are juicing, then you better have some deep pockets. Just buy every imaginable part, kinda like what I did on my 95 5spd. Then they'll be chasing you. Otherwise, a 75 shot is perfect. I've talked with many owners of gtp's who have a 75 shot and love it. Not many sc users have juice, but those who do can attest to it.

i say u go with a FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER and do ur own setup. i dont know why people dont think about the intercooler for some reason. always looking at other stuff. or am i just talking out of my ***

do a search in the faq forum, or do a search for nitrous in the forums and you'll come up with all the info you need and more. in my opinion i wouldn't run any more than a 65 shot on a stock engine/exhaust like you have.
for future reference(so you dont sound like a ricer) it's not called naawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws, it's called nitrous. unless of course you purchase an actual. N.O.S. (nitrous oxide system) setup, which i wouldn't reccomend because i've heard negative things about their solenoids.

I sent you a PM about my opinion the other day. Make sure you read that as well. It a lot more than just bolting it on. You def need to get it tuned on the dyno, as most of the dry kit jetting charts are for N/A cars, and dont figure in the boosted cars for fuel pressure. You'll def need a bigger pump. With the zex kit, i,ve noticed at least 67psi at WOT with the kit. So you'll need the high pressure 255lph pump (rather than the reg 255lph) to keep up with it. Also get some injectors, 38's or even 42's. Then of course you'll need to send the maf back for calibration. Also think about an eec tuner, or pulling the octane plug during nitrous use to back some of the timing off. Think about different plugs. Sure anyone can "bolt-on" a kit. But its really what you put into it, is what you get out of it. Guys with half a$$ed set-ups dont run as well as the rest of us that do it right, with wiring, guages, heaters, and a lot of tuning to make that 65 shot (or whatever) an actual 65hp at the wheels. Just read up on the subject before getting crazy. A kit on an SC is much different that a N/A car.

fastsc92 said:
I sent you a PM about my opinion the other day. Make sure you read that as well. It a lot more than just bolting it on. You def need to get it tuned on the dyno, as most of the dry kit jetting charts are for N/A cars, and dont figure in the boosted cars for fuel pressure. You'll def need a bigger pump. With the zex kit, i,ve noticed at least 67psi at WOT with the kit. So you'll need the high pressure 255lph pump (rather than the reg 255lph) to keep up with it. Also get some injectors, 38's or even 42's. Then of course you'll need to send the maf back for calibration. Also think about an eec tuner, or pulling the octane plug during nitrous use to back some of the timing off. Think about different plugs. Sure anyone can "bolt-on" a kit. But its really what you put into it, is what you get out of it. Guys with half a$$ed set-ups dont run as well as the rest of us that do it right, with wiring, guages, heaters, and a lot of tuning to make that 65 shot (or whatever) an actual 65hp at the wheels. Just read up on the subject before getting crazy. A kit on an SC is much different that a N/A car.

I read your reply and took your advice and started looking in the forums and didnt come up with anything. (yes I used the search engine but there were too many replies that had nothing to do with what I needed to know.) I do plan on taking your advice on the mods as well, but I found a good price on a system and thought I might get it while the gettin is good. I just want to know how best to run this set up without drastically modding my bird. I realize that a bigger fuel pump is needed (by the way where do ai get the one you mentioned) but why would I need larger injectors and would 38# make any difference over my stock 36#? Would it be better on my car if I toned down the shot to say a 55 or 65 rather than a 75? I have no idea how to use a tuner, why do I need that, will a dyno tune and chip do the same thing?

Bleed_Ford_Blue said:
Thanks Mr. Neibert,I dont know why I couldnt find that faq.
Does anyone know if the zex kit shuts off automatically when you let out on the throttle. I know it is tps activated but just curious about this as i gotta shift and dont want nitrous in a free spinning motor

Bleed_Ford_Blue said:
Does anyone know if the zex kit shuts off automatically when you let out on the throttle. I know it is tps activated but just curious about this as i gotta shift and dont want nitrous in a free spinning motor

anyone ?????

think about it man. The zex kit works off a certain voltage before its activated. In between shifts, you're off the gas, so they'll be no juice until you get back on the gas. Its just like a switch, only working at WOT.

I wondered if the system was fast enough to shut it off for that split second of a shift. I am sure there is still some going in though that is in front of the cut of valve (if there is such a thing). I really dont want to hurt my car, it is mighty pretty.
Dan

its plenty fast. The system comes on at 4.2volts tps. Once you reach 4.1 volts it shuts off. Its very sensitve and responsive. So the instant you move your foot off the gas, the power to the solenoids shut off, and nitrous flow is stopped as with any and every kit.

Back