PDA

View Full Version : not an SC but i really need your help

thunderbird89sc
08-26-2004, 02:29 AM
My uncle asked me to tune up his car, Plugs, wires, PVC, and fuel filter.
I replaced the plugs and wires, there was not a pvc value in the car, at the time. So i put in the new one. One my way to work the next day, (my uncle is also my boss) the car kept dying, and would miss very bad, and sometimes surge. Thinking it was the fuel filter i replaced that. not the car has died in my parking lot and i have to get it out of here by Friday. I have also replaced the fuel pump, and that did not help. it will fire for about a second just enough to make me think it is going to start, it is getting spark and fuel. i would like to very much fix this thing, Cuz the sooner i get this ~~~ going the sonned ther Sc can get Fixed

It's a 1991 chevy lumina, euro with a 3.1 efI, the one with the coil pack. (Please don't hurt me for working on a chevy,)

I very much need you help.

matt :confused:

darkstar_one
08-26-2004, 02:31 AM
i think u have a vacuum leak... check all the hoses. maybe u pulled one off...

thunderbird89sc
08-26-2004, 02:34 AM
I'll do that as soon as it stops raining, Also i was told that the cats to be clugged, there was a exaust leak on the header for a long time, and black soot in the tail pipe. Also i took out the spark plug that only have 8 miles on them, and it was covered with black soot. :confused: with on six miles. how the hell is that possiable :mad: :mad: :confused:

Oh please God let me fix it

Matt