PDA

View Full Version : storage/garage rental

Digitalchaos
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
I have recently been looking for a facility to rent which allows automotive repair work and similar activity, and if possible in a climate controled area.

Does anyone know if there are facilities which exist that offer or allow this type of service/activity? I realize that there is low demand among people who don't already own facilities for this type of activity, but there must be something??

Thanks for any information you can offer!

Dahoopd
08-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I live in Maryland. All we have is stack&store units. You can store a car inside but can not work on it. Then they have the spaces out side for you to store it and work on it, no power though. I have been searching for a private garage on someones house to rent. I ended up having a family member letting me use a driveway. Doesn't help in the elements when the car is torn apart for HG's

SCme94
08-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Back when I used to own a condo in Oak Forest IL. 5 or so years ago I rented a 2 car garage at an apartment complex across the street. Working on cars was not "allowed" but I still managed to build and maintain a 10 second Mustang plus install tons of stereo stuff in my SC. This place was actually quite the breeding grounds of fast cars. A friend of mine had 2 11 second Chevys and there were also 2 or 3 really fast turbo Buicks back there.
Man..Thinking back to all the things I did on their property..Once me and the guy with the Chevys stripped the 460, C6 trans and 9" rear out of a Lincoln Mark V I bought....In the parking lot!! I almost got kicked out for that one.

I don't know how close you are to Oak Forest but the apartments are behind the Pontiac Dealer on 159th and Central. Just dont tell them you know me :) Also don't mention anything about working on cars.

Digitalchaos
08-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the replies! I am relocating and have been fortunate enough to locate a place which allows automotive work in an electrified insulated garage, so I have found a solution :D . Now I should be able to resolve problems I have been driving the car with for some time!